An orange salamander is a creature that can be caught using the Hunter skill. When caught, it becomes an orange salamander weapon for the Ranged skill.
Orange salamanders are found in the Uzer Hunter area. From Shantay Pass, head east then south and cross the bridge. Go east until you find the hunting grounds. Click on a young tree to set a trap using a small fishing net and rope. Marrentill tar may be used for bait. As the orange salamanders are located in the desert players need a water source such as 4-8 waterskins or an enchanted water tiara (requires the completion of Dealing with Scabaras). The Humidify spell from the Lunar spellbook can be used to refill waterskins or, you can find and cut healthy cacti to refill your waterskins. Alternatively, players that have completed Crocodile Tears are unaffected by Desert Heat.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 8 July 2019 (Update):
- Increased Salamander tree click box.
- Salamanders now have a release all option.
- More Black Salamanders and net trap hotspots have been added to the wilderness.
- A new, high level Yellow Salamander has been added into the game. You can find them on the island.