|Release||12 April 2010 (Update)|
|High alch||600 coins|
|Low alch||400 coins|
|On death||Always a safe death|
|Fungus, but really tasty!|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
An edicap mushroom is an edible fungus which can be grown while training Dungeoneering. It requires level 68 Farming to harvest and can be grown by planting an edicap mushroom spore in a farming patch, while in a Complexity level 4+ dungeon. It takes very little time to grow, and can be eaten to restore 625 life points. Like all other Dungeoneering crops, they never get diseased. Only one seed is needed to grow a batch of edicap mushrooms. 3 to 5 mushrooms could be harvested, more with a gatherer ring with a maximum of 10.
Edicap mushrooms can be useful when food supply in a dungeon is low, as the spores can be bought from the Smuggler for 3000 coins and several mushrooms are obtained from a single harvest.
They can also be added to baked cave potato, with or without toppings to increase the number of life points healed. Edicap mushrooms do not require cooking to be eaten or combined with other foods. Varying cooking levels are required however, as shown in the table below:
Products[edit | edit source]
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click .
- For an exhaustive list of items, click .
|Blue crab & edicap potato||N/A|
|Bouldabass & edicap potato||N/A|
|Dusk eel & edicap potato||N/A|
|Flatfish & edicap potato||N/A|
|Heim crab & edicap potato||N/A|
|Moray & edicap potato||N/A|
|Red-eye & edicap potato||N/A|
|Salve eel & edicap potato||N/A|
|Short-fin & edicap potato||N/A|
|Snipper & edicap potato||N/A|
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the 'real world' there are several varieties of "cap" mushrooms such as "Inky cap," "Panther cap," and the infamous "Death cap" poisonous mushroom. There is, however, no 'edicap'; this seems to be a portmanteau word of 'edible' and 'cap.'
- The graphics of fully grown edicap mushrooms in a farming patch shows 8 mushrooms.
- An edicap mushroom by itself heals more than an edicap potato, a heim crab & edicap potato or a red-eye & edicap potato, despite being a component.