Cave nightshade is an ingredient used to make weapon poison++ potions at level 82 Herblore. It can be harvested from a belladonna seed planted in a belladonna patch, requiring level 63 Farming, or it can be found at a respawn point in the Skavid caves, requiring gloves to be harvested. Cave nightshade is edible but damages players for 100 life point when eaten with no other effects.
Cave nightshade can be picked from nightshade plants in the northernmost and southernmost rooms of the Skavid caves, which are accessed from the cave nearest to Yanille lodestone (just south of ogre island with jangerberries), or from the furthest south entrance, accessed by entering the eastern gate of Gu'Tanoth and crossing the bridge over lava. A skavid map and a light source are required to enter the caves.
Gloves of some kind must be worn to harvest the plant, or a small amount of poison damage is dealt. Each harvest grants 6 Farming experience. It takes approximately 30 seconds for each of the plants to respawn (with a small amount of randomness), and both caves contain 7 plants.
Beasts of burden familiars cannot carry cave nightshade; however, cave nightshade can be banked by using the Winter storage scroll, Imp-in-a-box or Sign of the porter. If any of these are used, signs of the porter (especially with a grace of the elves) are recommended.
Without an automatic banking method, the best option is to harvest an inventory full, then use a teleport to near a bank (such as War's Retreat Teleport, Max guild teleport, or a Ring of kinship), then teleport to Yanille lodestone and return to the nearby cave. Additionally, any locator can teleport to cave nightshade (under 'herblore secondaries 1').
Cave nightshade can be harvested from belladonna seeds grown within a belladonna patch. Cave nightshade, when picked, gives 512 Farming experience.
The player must wear gloves or gauntlets to successfully harvest cave nightshade. Bare-handed players will fail to harvest and will also suffer a one-time poison damage for 20 life points.
- This list was created dynamically, and shows the first 100 items alphabetically.
- To force an update of this list, click here.
- For an exhaustive list of items, click here.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
For an exhaustive list of all known sources for this item, see here
||7 cave nightshades
||These can be picked up while wearing gloves or gauntlets and fully grow back after 20 to 50 seconds.
|The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 24 February 2020 (Update):
- There are now more spots to harvest cave nightshade within the Skavid cave.
- Harvesting cave nightshade now gives token farming experience.
- Picking cave nightshade now also works with Signs of the porter.
- ninja 25 April 2016 (Update):
- Improved respawn rates on cave nightshade.
- patch 4 August 2014 (Update):
- The farmer's cuffss now have the ability to pick nightshade/belladonna successfully without the player taking damage.
- patch 28 November 2012 (Update):
- Players can now pick belladonna flowers with gloves of silence equipped.
- During the Dream Mentor quest, if a cave nightshade is used on Cyrisus, the following message will appear: "How evil! Are you trying to kill him?"
- Despite it saying "The nightshade was highly poisonous" upon eating, no poison is incurred; instead, the player is damaged for 100 life points.
- Cave nightshade is untradeable as it was once used in a popular scam to get players to kill themselves. Players needing food would be given nightshade in the hopes that they would eat it and be at such low health that it would kill them.
- Cave nightshade appears to be based partially on the terrestrial plant Atropa belladonna, commonly called 'deadly nightshade' or 'belladonna'. Deadly nightshade is poisonous and traditionally was used to poison drinks and as a weapon poison for arrows.