|Release||15 August 2002 (Update)|
|High alch||1 coin|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|Exchange||401 coins (info)|
|It can be cut up into something more manageable with a knife.|
|FAQ • doc|
A pineapple is an item used in Cooking (especially Gnome cooking) and Farming. It cannot be eaten directly, but right clicking on a pineapple and selecting "Slice" turns it into four pineapple rings (which heal 200 life points each) or pineapple chunks (the entire pineapple becomes one set of chunks, which heals 200 life points). Either of these can be consumed on their own or used in making pineapple pizzas.
Where to obtain[edit | edit source]
Players can pick pineapples from plants found in tropical areas, such as near the entrance to Brimhaven Dungeon or near the start of the Ape Atoll Agility Course. Pineapples can sometimes be found inside barrels.
Arhein in Catherby will also sell pineapples for 2 coins each, but he has a limited stock of 40 per day. Players must talk to him for this, and not trade with him directly. When buying from Arhein, the pineapples come noted, so no need to worry about how many you can fit in inventory.
Players can also buy (and sell) pineapples on the Grand Exchange. When this feature was first released, pineapples were 450 coins each, but this has now moderated. Pineapples were originally sold on charter ships, but are no longer sold there due to the Shop Improvement update of 2 October 2007.
Farming[edit | edit source]
Players can use pineapples to make supercompost, and they are popular for this purpose because they can be easily and cheaply obtained.
Players can also use 10 pineapples to pay a gardener to watch over a growing papaya tree.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|Barrel (Viyeldi caves)||N/A||1||Rare|
|Chaos Elemental P2P||5||Uncommon||N/A|
|Jungle horror||67||1–3 (noted)||Common|
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Funch's Fine Groceries||Grand Tree||2||Coins||10|
|Grand Tree Groceries||Grand Tree||2||Coins||10|
|Trader Stan's Trading Post||Ports with charter ships||2||Coins||0|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Food and herbs|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||43.9%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 25 February 2009 (Update):
- The reset time for collecting pineapples and seaweed from Arhein will no longer slowly creep forward.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite being inedible without cutting them first in Burgh De Rott Ramble/Temple Trekking you can trade it to your follower as food.
- Previously, when you want to slice a pineapple, the chatbox would say: "You slice the Pineapple intochunks.", without a space between "into" & "chunks". This has been fixed.
- When attempting to slice a pineapple while pineapple rings and plain pizzas are also in the inventory, there is a bug that causes the menu to mix the latter two to appear, while preventing the player from slicing the pineapple.
|Fruit tree produce|