|Release||4 January 2001 (Update)|
|High alch||0 coins|
|Low alch||0 coins|
|On death||Always kept outside Wild|
|Exchange||768 coins (info)|
|Yuck, I don't like cabbage.|
|FAQ • doc|
Cabbages are edible green vegetables that can be obtained by growing them in a Farming patch or by picking them in various areas around RuneScape. Upon eating one, it restores 210 life points (the Draynor Manor variety also gives a small Defence boost).
The best place to pick cabbage is the cabbage patch in the farm south of Falador. The explorer's ring 3, a reward for completion of the medium Lumbridge and Draynor Tasks, can be used to teleport there.
During the Cabbage Facepunch Bonanza, cabbages healed players for 20,000 life points, the highest of any healing item in the game, when eaten within the event area. There were some instances of the cabbages healing outside of the designated event area, but this was patched shortly after the release of the event.
Spawn locations[edit | edit source]
Free-to-play[edit | edit source]
- North of Lumbridge, 83 spawns
- Lumbridge Cellar, 1 spawn
- South of Falador, 83 spawns
- Edgeville Monastery, 12 spawns (Can only be picked by members after being regrown with 12 cabbage seeds after The Death of Chivalry. When picked they remain in place, but there is a limit of 12 cabbages picked until they regenerate.)
- Draynor Manor, 7 special cabbages
- South of the Blue Moon Inn, Varrock 6 spawns
- Rimmington, 15 spawns
- Al Kharid Palace, 1 spawn
- Crate in the back of the Port Sarim food store (requires wearing a white apron)
Members[edit | edit source]
- Sinclair Mansion 4 spawns
- Elena's house, East Ardougne
- Edmond's house, East Ardougne
- Miscellania, 101 spawns
- Fisher Realm
- Feldip Hills, 5 spawns
- Abbey of St. Elspeth Citharede, 12 spawns (cabbages always respawn immediately when picked)
- Harmony Island
- Crates in Nora T. Hagg's house's basement
Farming[edit | edit source]
Cabbage can be farmed with level 7 Farming. 10 experience is gained for planting the seed and 11.5 for harvesting the cabbage. It takes 40 minutes for the cabbage to fully grow. A farmer may also be paid to watch growing cabbages for one sack of onions.
Quests[edit | edit source]
- During the removed Black Knights' Fortress quest, one would overhear that the Draynor Manor variety of cabbage would complete an evil potion, and a normal cabbage was needed to destroy it.
- In Big Chompy Bird Hunting, a cabbage may be used as the ingredient needed to cook the bird.
- In Garden of Tranquillity, cabbages have to be grown for Kragen.
- During One Piercing Note a cabbage is used to create Sister Cabbage.
- Saradomin destroys a patch of cabbages in The Death of Chivalry. After the quest, a golden cabbage can be obtained, and the destroyed cabbages at the Edgeville Monastery can be regrown with 12 cabbage seeds and 7 Farming.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|18 Year Anniversary Celebrations||1||Common||N/A|
|Afflicted||60; 61; 63; 64||1||Unknown|
|Giant spider||2; 33; 39||1||12/128|
|Goblin||1; 2; 4; 5; 6; 7; 11; 84||1||14/128|
|Timid jadinko||14||1 (noted)||Unknown|
|Warped tortoise||72||2–54 (noted)||Uncommon|
|Winter Weekends (2012)||N/A||1||Common||N/A|
Store locations[edit | edit source]
|Alice's Farming Shop||Alice's farm||1||Coins||0|
|Grand Tree Groceries||Grand Tree||1||Coins||10|
|Greengrocer of Miscellania||Miscellania||1||Coins||10|
|Miscellanian Food Shop||Miscellania and Etceteria Dungeon||1||Coins||10|
|Richard's Farming Shop||Ardougne||1||Coins||0|
|Sarah's Farming Shop||Falador farm||1||Coins||0|
|Sigmund the Merchant||Rellekka||1||Coins||10|
|Vanessa's Farming Shop||Catherby||1||Coins||0|
|Vegetable stall||Catherby, Etceteria, and Miscellania||1||Coins||10|
|Wydin's Food Store||Port Sarim||1||Coins||10|
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Food and herbs|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||92.3%|
|1 × Brassican components||1/20|
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the earlier years of RuneScape Classic, the game's chat filter would dub the word "cabbage" over offensive text.
- Cabbages are a running joke in RuneScape, with numerous references being made to them and their terrible taste. A god, Brassica Prime, is known to take the form of a cabbage.
- During the 2009 April Fools event, cabbages in the Falador farm bounced around and could be kicked and held.
- A breed of cabbage known as deadly sea cabbages inhabit the seas around the Wushanko Isles. Unlike most cabbages, which are generally docile, these cabbages are hostile creatures, and routinely assault passing sea vessels.
- If one tries to have the leprechaun at the Falador farm note cabbages, he will refuse and reply with "A cabbage? Don't ye go showing me yer cabbage; this whole farm stinks of the things! Take it away and get it exchanged somewhere else."
- The typical cabbage in Runescape is most likely white cabbage or skunk cabbage based on the player's reaction to eating it and in appearance mostly related to the white cabbage.
|Parts of pies|
|Fruit tree produce|