|Release date||13 August 2001 (Update)|
|Main music||Wild Side|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Lava Maze is a maze located deep in the Wilderness, around level 40-45. In the entrance and partway through the maze, there are spiderwebs that must be cut with a slash weapon or a knife. It was previously possible for players to be trapped inside the maze if they did not have a slash weapon to cut spider webs, but having the tool belt with a knife will always allow you to cut through webs, even without a slash weapon or knife in your inventory.
The maze can only be entered from the south-west. The path forks twice when attempting to reach the centre of the maze; players must go down the left path, and then the right path, as demonstrated on the map. Some items and coins spawn throughout the maze. A gold necklace and steel platebody spawn at the centre near the muddy chest. A muddy key is required to open the chest, which contains moderate level treasure.
Outside the maze to the north are several Phasmatite rock deposits. To the west of the maze is a metal fenced area containing four lesser demons and one of the entrances to the Lava Maze Dungeon. This entrance is the one players use to reach the King Black Dragon Lair. To the southwest is the Wilderness (Level 35) Hobgoblin mine.
A penguin spy from Penguin Hide and Seek occasionally appears in the maze. At these times, the maze can often be run in relative safety on World 60, one of the official Penguin Hide and Seek worlds. However, it is also possible at times to spy a penguin from the outside edge, assuming the penguin wanders close enough.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
Three Wilderness obelisks provide a fairly fast way to reach the maze:
- The obelisk in level 44 Wilderness is the closest, being a short distance to the northwest
- The obelisk in level 35 Wilderness is a bit further, towards the southeast from the maze entrance.
- The obelisk in level 27 Wilderness is the furthest towards the south, but is still practical.
Players can also ride a canoe to the Wilderness canoe landing, arriving near the level 35 Wilderness Obelisk.
A Wilderness sword 1 or higher can teleport players to the Wilderness herb patch, then walk west to the Lava Maze.
Item spawns[edit | edit source]
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Demons guarding the trapdoor to King Black Dragon's Lair.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 7 July 2014 (Update):
- A small spelling error on the Wilderness Lava Maze ghost has been fixed.
- patch 21 January 2014 (Update):
- The trapdoor deep within the Lava Maze no longer appears to have been filled with rock.
- patch 10 September 2013 (Update):
- Players are no longer able to walk through a fence near the Lava Maze in the Wilderness.
- patch 20 August 2013 (Update):
- Players and NPC's will no longer float in certain spots of the Wilderness Lava Maze.