Artefact (King Black Dragon)
|Release||24 September 2002 (Update)|
|Location||Lava Maze Dungeon|
|Actions||• Enter lair|
• Enter encounter
• Custom session
• Join instance
• Rejoin last instance
|Examine||This appears to have some connection to the King Black Dragon.|
|doc • Talk page|
Artefacts are interactive pieces of scenery used for teleportation into the King Black Dragon's Lair, currently found in two locations: set into the Wilderness wall north of the Edgeville Monastery, and in the Lava Maze Dungeon. Activating either one teleports the player to the King Black Dragon's Lair; depending on which artefact the player uses, the teleport will behave differently.
If a player enters the lair from the Lava Maze Dungeon they will be rewarded with a 10% damage boost on the King Black Dragon, showing the message "You have been awarded a 10% damage bonus against the KBD for entering via the Wilderness. This effect will reset when you exit the area." Using the Edgeville artefact will not grant the 10% damage boost.
The artefact in the lair will return the player to the artefact they used to teleport in. There are two main advantages teleporting from Edgeville: players are kept safe from PKers, and there is a bank close by.
On the first days of release, the artefact had a bug where players could teleport from Edgeville to the King Black Dragon's Lair, and then go from the King Black Dragon's Lair to the Lava Maze Dungeon. The player could then teleport back to the lair from the dungeon and obtain the 10% damage boost.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 9 December 2019 (Update):
- Changed the warning message at the Edgeville artefact to reflect the updated combat level recommendation for King Black Dragon.
- ninja 16 October 2017 (Update):
- The artefact at the Edgeville wilderness wall that teleports to the King Black Dragon lair can now be activated on free worlds.
- patch 17 July 2017 (Update):
- Players can now use the Wilderness artefact (to enter the KBD lair from within the Lava Maze) to start a bossing instance. This change now means that Ironmen accounts can now complete the achievement 'I'm the King of the Wild!'.
- patch 29 September 2014 (Update):
- The recommended combat level has been updated for the King Black Dragon teleport artefact.
- update 9 October 2012 (Update):
- The levers to teleport to and from the Lava Maze Dungeon and the King Black Dragon's lair have become "artefacts".
- An artefact has been added to Edgeville.