|Release||24 April 2006 (Update)|
|Examine||I wonder what this does.|
|Object ID||56516, 65617, 65618, 65619, 65620, 65621, 65625|
|doc • Talk page|
Obelisks are members-only teleportation devices in the Wilderness. They can be very helpful when reaching various locations deep in the Wilderness, such as the Lava Maze, the Rogues' Castle, or the Frozen Waste Plateau. However, they can sometimes lead players into wandering player killers, and are not an ideal escape from them either. When activated, the obelisk won't teleport players who are teleblocked. Players may use this to their advantage by luring PKers onto these obelisks, causing them to be teleported and thus providing an increased chance of escape for players.
There are six obelisks located at different points of the Wilderness. To activate the obelisk, touch any of the pillars on the side and then go somewhere in the middle. Each obelisk, when activated, will teleport anyone standing on the pad after a few seconds to another obelisk outside of the one used to teleport. If the hard Wilderness achievements have been completed, then the player may select the destination themselves (as a second option, the first, default option will randomize the destination). When teleporting using the obelisk, you receive the message: This suggests that these obelisks are run by Ancient Magicks, which is highly likely, as the Wilderness was once Zarosian territory.
The obelisks are found in the following locations:
|13||North-east of the Southern Wilderness mining site and south-east of the Wilderness Volcano|
|17-18||South of the Graveyard of Shadows (multi-way area)|
|27||South of the Chaos Ridge and north of the Bandit Camp|
|35||South of the Lava Maze|
|44||West of the Lava Maze and south-east of the Frozen Waste Plateau|
|50||South-east of Rogues' Castle (multi-way area)|
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 22 August 2016 (Update):
- Players may now right click on the Wilderness obelisks to choose their destination. The destination list is in Wilderness-level depth order. The left-click option remains a random destination.
- patch 22 May 2012 (Update):
- The north-western Wilderness teleport obelisk no longer activates if a player spam clicks on any other obelisk.
- patch 15 September 2010 (Update):
- Adjusted the code teleporting players between the Wilderness portals.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- If performing the emote Living on Borrowed Time or Give Thanks when the obelisk is active, the emote will finish before you are teleported, unlike other emotes, which are interrupted.
|Elemental||Air • Water • Earth • Fire|
|Summoning||Obelisk • Summoning obelisk • Small obelisk (POH)|