|Release||13 August 2001 (Update)|
|doc • Talk page|
The ruins are all that remain of the Zarosian fortress and village once known as Dareeyak. They are located in the wilderness level 21-24 west of the bandit camp and south of the Forgotten Cemetery. These ruins have many tiles and about 10 planks scattered about and are infested with many giant spiders and giant rats. A lone anvil is one of the few usable artefacts remaining. There is also a hammer, cake tin, steel bar, and 4 Steel nails spawn near the anvil.
There is a magic tree here, however it is linked to the cursed magic tree in the Spirit Realm. The magic tree will only spawn when the cursed magic tree is cut down, and vice versa. The magic tree does not have a "Rare tree" icon on the map.
There is a statue in the ruins that has no head. The examine text states that it is of the founder of the village.
The most eastern part of the ruins was a popular revenant spawn point prior to being banished into the Forinthry Dungeon.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- Wilderness lodestone teleport, then run west past the Dark Warriors' Fortress to the ruins.
- Dareeyak Teleport on the Ancient Magicks spellbook.
- Take a Canoe into the Wilderness. Run southwest to the ruins.
- Trollheim Teleport, then run down the east side of the mountain, using Agility shortcuts as needed, and enter the Wilderness from its western border.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Item spawns[edit | edit source]
Quests[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 12 December 2016 (Update):
- A gargoyle trapped behind some rocks in the west Wilderness ruins has been rescued.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- When the Wilderness was "rejuvenated" with slayer monsters, Gargoyles were placed here. They were moved to the eastern ruins with the 11 September 2017 update.