|Release||8 May 2002 (Update)|
|Leader||Captain Bentley (former)|
|Music||Pirates of Peril|
|Teleports||Ancient obelisks (Lvl 44) • Ghorrock Teleport • Ice Plateau Teleport • Wilderness lever|
|doc • Talk page|
Many aggressive pirates are located here. There are also 4 Thieving chests that have to be searched for traps before the player can loot them, and half of a redberry pie (125 life points healing) spawns in the hideout.
It is inhabited by some of the former crew of Captain Bentley, when their ship ran into a squall, which pushed the ship towards the rocky shore. Bentley himself and a few select men were able to escape in a small row boat, but the rest of the crew got were washed ashore as the ship was wrecked on the jagged rocks. The survivors then constructed the Pirates Hideout, where they live to this day.
It is the location of Treasure Trails clues as well as Rennard the thief from the miniquest The Curse of Zaros in which the player can obtain ghostly robes. He is located west of the hideout (an Amulet of ghostspeak and Ring of visibility must both be used to interact with him.)
Getting there[edit | edit source]
While there is no direct teleport to the Pirates' Hideout, there are a couple of relatively safe routes to take as the area is not often traveled by player killers.
- Players who have unlocked the Wilderness sword 4 may teleport directly to the Wilderness Agility Course and then can travel east to the hideout.
- Players may teleport to Deserted Keep east of the Mage Arena using the Ardougne Wilderness lever west of the castle or the one-way lever in the ruins south of Edgeville. After cutting the spiderweb blocking the top of the exit from Deserted Keep, run west past the Mage Arena until you reach the hideout. In the past this was a popular player killing location so many players would run south of the Mage Arena and swing back north to the hideout which took longer. However, these days the route is fairly safe.
- Players who have completed Desert Treasure may use the Ghorrock Teleport to the Ice Plateau and run north through the gate and then east past the Wilderness Agility Course and then north to reach the hideout.
Strategies and equipment[edit | edit source]
The following strategies may be outdated but players who are worried about getting killed may find any of the tips useful.
- Spirit terrorbird familiars and Tireless Run scrolls are very helpful. They preserve one's ability to escape if necessary by keeping run energy high, and the terrorbird will fight beside you in multi-combat wilderness. Expect to use about 5-10 scrolls running to the nearby Treasure Trail locations.
- Other run-boosting equipment is less helpful but still useful. Super energy potions, explorer's ring 3/4, and similar items are good ideas if one's Summoning level is below 52.
- Another method of escaping is running to Ghorrock after starting or finishing The Temple at Senntisten as this is outside the wilderness and can be teleported out of even if previously teleblocked.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Pirate, level 32
Music unlocked[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]
Captain Bentley's crashed pirate ship