Dark Warriors' Fortress
|Dark Warriors' Fortress|
|Release date||21 February 2002 (Update)|
|Main music||Army of Darkness|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Dark Warriors' Fortress, formerly called the Dark Knight Fortress, is a castle in levels 19, 20, and 21 of the Wilderness. North of Falador, it is populated with level 24 dark warriors. Although this place can be good for training melee and magic, it is a popular player killing place.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- The safest route would be to enter the Wilderness from the wall north of the Goblin Village and run north until you reach the bridge over the moat.
- The easiest route would be to enter the Wilderness from the wall north of the Edgeville Monastery and run north until you reach the southern portion of the moat that surrounds the fortress. Then run west and then north until you reach the bridge that allows access. This route, while more convenient because of the location of the Edgeville lodestone, may be slightly less safe than the first described method as Edgeville is a popular location for player killers to wait for challengers or easy prey.
- The route that takes you closest to the fortress is from exiting the Chaos altar (Runecrafting) via the portal next to the rune altar. Methods to access the Chaos altar include using the Abyss (not recommended as entering the Abyss will reset your Skull timer and drain your Prayer points to zero), the Wicked hood teleports (which does not skull the player but may only be used a limited number of times per day), or breaking a Chaos altar teleport tablet. None of the described methods are recommended as they are not as simple or cost-effective as simply running north from the wilderness wall.
- Players may also opt to use the Ancient Obelisk to teleport to the location north of the Bandit Camp and run south. This method is very risky without a Wilderness sword 3 (which allows the player to pick which obelisk they wish to teleport to) as the obelisk teleports are random. Caution: the NPCs in the Bandit Camp are aggressive to any player that is not skulled.
Ground floor[edit | edit source]
This floor has several rooms, and is crowded with dark warriors. The northernmost room contains respawns of 5 earth, water, air and fire runes. The room directly west of this contains 5 chaos, mind and body runes. Players should be wary when approaching this area: Although this a good place for a rune spawn, player killers may attack and very possibly kill other players who are around their combat level. In the centre of this floor is a courtyard containing, amongst other things, a crate which is sometimes led to in treasure trails. One room's ladder is broken, making it impossible to climb up it. This is inconvenient if a player attacks, because you will have to run to the other room (probably opening a few doors) and climb up that ladder.
For those who have received Jennica's ring from the Summer quests, there is a portal in the centre of the castle, in front of the dead body. There is a tormented wraith, Level 60, on the other side, though, so one should be moderately cautious about using the portal. One receives 15,000 Defence experience if their level is at least 80 when entering the portal the first time (If you didn't have the level requirements when entering you can return when you do for the experience). Also, wearing an amulet of ghostspeak will allow one to understand the wraith's speech.
Tips[edit | edit source]
You can achieve tolerance with the dark warriors after about 20 minutes whether you fight with them or not.
In the room with the 5 Chaos, Mind and Body runes if you position yourself correctly using the Broken ladder you can be safe from the dark warrior inside the room.
First floor[edit | edit source]
The 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] is the top level of the castle walls. It contains nothing of interest beyond more dark warriors. Players looking to collect rune spawns on the ground floor[UK]1st floor[US] can climb up the ladder in the south-western room and climb down the broken ladder in the north-western room in order to save a little bit of time coming in, since there's a wall blocking access to the chaos runes from the entrance that would otherwise require walking all the way around the castle. The broken ladder does not allow access from the chaos rune spawn room to the upper floor. It is only a one way ladder and may only be climbed from above.
Update history[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Chaos Rune spawn is considerably slower than the other runes' spawns.
- Even though this is the Dark Warriors' Fortress, there appear to be Saradomin shields mounted on the walls, as well as armour racks containing the Imperial Guards' uniforms. On the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US], there is also a banner similar to the one in the Wizards' Tower.
- It used to be quite common for Wilderness penguins to be trapped inside the fortress on worlds populated by penguin hunting clans.