|Release date||1 February 2011 (Update)|
|Main music||Courage, Dark|
|Strongest monster||Revenant dragon (level 126)|
|Connected quests||One of a Kind|
|Inhabitants||Dark beasts, Dragons, Demons, Hellhounds, and Revenants|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The Forinthry Dungeon is a very dangerous cave that ranges from level 18 to 32 of the Wilderness. It is a refuge for dragons, many kinds of demons and even the vicious revenants after being forced underground by adventurers in the year 169 of the Fifth Age. The dungeon is named after Forinthry, which is the original name for the Wilderness. The dungeon is extremely dangerous because not only are the revenants a lot more powerful than their combat level suggests, the cave is also a dangerous PvP area, so do not bring items you are not willing to lose.
The dungeon also plays a small role in the quest One of a Kind, where the player visits the green dragon chamber to investigate for mysterious markings.
Entrances[edit | edit source]
The dungeon has two entrances from the Wilderness.
- At level 17 Wilderness, east of the Bandit Camp and Dark Warriors' Fortress and west of the south-western Wilderness Volcano steps. The Wilderness sword 2 (and higher variants) provides free infinite teleports here, and it is a short run west from the Wilderness Lodestone.
- At level 31 Wilderness, south of the Bandit Camp mining site, and east of the Forgotten Cemetery.
As both entrances force you to walk through the Wilderness, one must be wary of player killers.
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Revenants[edit | edit source]
Revenants are slain monsters from the Third Age, and are the main attraction of the dungeon due to their valuable drops. All revenants can be found in the northeastern chamber, although the dragon will not appear on free worlds as it is a members only monster. The revenants were banished into the dungeon after players reclaimed the Wilderness from them in the Fifth Age. Although considerably weakened, they still pose a threat to passing players.
Revenant imp, level 14
Revenant goblin, level 16, 19, 22 and 28
Revenant icefiend, level 37
Revenant pyrefiend, level 40
Revenant hobgoblin, level 44
Revenant vampyre, level 47
Revenant werewolf, level 53
Revenant cyclops, level 60
Revenant hellhound, level 70
Revenant demon, level 84
Revenant ork, level 98
Revenant dark beast, level 112
Revenant knight, level 119
Revenant dragon, level 126
Green dragon, level 63
Lesser demon, level 70
Greater demon, level 82
Hellhound, level 92
Dark beast, level 105
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 26 September 2016 (Update):
- The entrances of the Forinthry dungeon are once again single combat areas.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Revenants were originally the replacement for PKers between 11 December 2007 and 1 February 2011. They could attack you depending on your combat level and depth in the wilderness (just as PKers can today) as well as teleblock and freeze you.
- The dungeon was released due to complaints on the Bounty Hunter system, and Jagex created a poll asking if the players would like to have a new home for the revenants, or let them roam the Wilderness as usual.
- The unique gear the revenants drops used to only be obtainable from PvP and Bounty Worlds which were removed when the old-style Wilderness was reinstated. The only other place to obtain such gear is the Chaos Elemental, but it is much riskier because the Chaos Elemental is more dangerous, resides in much deeper Wilderness and is solitary.
- Despite the description of several monsters being "banished", you can still find them in the same places. (e.g. Hellhounds in the Wilderness Volcano)
- Surok Magis's hideout can be seen from the northern entrance of the cave with an orb of oculus.
- From 00:00 UTC 12 November 2011 to 23:59 UTC 14 November 2011, there was an event where members could gain double loot from several dungeons, including the Forinthry Dungeon. This was part of Jagex's bot-busting celebration.
- Forinthry Dungeon received a graphical rework on 19 September 2016, replacing the empty pits and interior walls with lava pools.