King Black Dragon's Lair
|King Black Dragon lair|
|Release||24 September 2002 (Update)|
|Music||Attack V (Exerior of the Lair), Royal Rumble (Lair)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
The King Black Dragon Lair, which contains the King Black Dragon, can be accessed by operating an artefact located northwest of the Edgeville lodestone. You can also access the lair via the Lava Maze Dungeon in level 42 Wilderness (watch out for player killers). Going through the Wilderness will grant you a 10% damage boost for the duration of your stay in the lair.
The dungeon may be accessed via a ladder in a fenced area on the west end of the Lava Maze that contains four Lesser demons. The ladder leads to an area with poison spiders and an artefact which will teleport the character to the King Black Dragon's lair. The lair itself isn't in the Wilderness, but players are in the Wilderness until they use the artefact. If a player gets teleblocked, the artefact becomes temporarily unusable. Players also do not need to leave via the ladder, as teleports can be used to leave.
It is common to use the Wilderness Obelisks located throughout the Wilderness, which will teleport you randomly to other obelisks in various places within by activating them. One of the possible locations is in level 43 Wilderness at the Frozen Waste Plateau, and another one is south of the Lava Maze. Both of these are near the lair.
It is worth noting that by using obelisks to traverse the Wilderness, you may be attacked by player killers. This is especially notable at the obelisk near the Rogues' Castle, as the combat level range is great, and the Chaos Elemental often wanders near the Rogues' Castle (turn Auto Retaliate off to avoid being drawn away from the obelisk).
Dungeon info[edit | edit source]
|King Black Dragon's Lair|
|Databox • Talk page|
Monsters[edit | edit source]
King Black Dragon, level 276
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 19 August 2019 (Update):
- The Artefact in the King Black Dragon's lair was missing blocking. This has now been added.
- patch 8 May 2018 (Update):
- Some tiles in the King Black Dragon instance will no longer block the player from using the Surge or Escape ability.
- ninja 12 January 2015 (Update):
- Feet and dropped items no longer clip through the floor of the King Black Dragon lair.
- patch 21 January 2014 (Update):
- The trapdoor deep within the Lava Maze no longer appears to have been filled with rock.
- patch 24 October 2012 (Update):
- The "Attack 5" track now unlocks correctly upon entering the King Black Dragon's lair.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Dragon Riders arrived from their world in this cave.
- Originally, when RuneScape 2 was released, the lair was mapped by the Temple of Ikov. It was later changed due to safe spotting.
References[edit | edit source]