Wilderness North Volcano
|Wilderness North Volcano|
|Release||24 April 2006 (Update)|
|doc • Talk page|
The Northern Wilderness Volcano (marked as 'Volcano' on the map) is a small volcanic outcrop in the north-east section of the Wilderness. It is not involved in any quests, and currently no NPCs mention anything about it. Volcanic bombs constantly shoot out of the three lava lakes.
It is possible for a next clue or reward of Clue scroll (elite) to be here. The volcano can be used to flee from the powerful Chaos elemental that resides nearby to the west of the Rogues' Castle. Apart from this, the volcano has no use, except from being a piece of scenery, suited to the hostile landscape of the Wilderness. North of the volcano is a broken ship with a small cannon on it, some broken barrels and a long-dead crew; however, these have no uses other than for scenery. The area around the ship reach into level 56 Wilderness, the deepest anyone can go inside the Wilderness.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- Teleport to the entrance of the Dragonkin Laboratory via a boss portal and walk through the gate guarded by Sif. Go through the gate in the fence to the north.
- Use the Obelisk (Wilderness) network to teleport to the obelisk located in level 51 Wilderness next to the Rogues' Castle and go east. Players can only specifically select an obelisk as a teleport destination after obtaining Wilderness sword 3, otherwise it is random.
- For free players, they have to use the lever in Edgeville to teleport to the Deserted Keep, then go a long distance east.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 8 May 2018 (Update):
- Two random barrels in the sea, east of the Wilderness Volcano, have been removed.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- There used to be a wooden bridge at the top of the volcano, which seemed to persist despite constant volcanic bombs and lava splashes, but it was removed when the Wilderness was graphically updated on 13 December 2011.
- If you attempt to destroy a Ring of kinship on the top of the Volcano, you are given a message that references The Lord of the Rings. It says: You find yourself unable to part with the ring.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
|* denotes locations on other worlds.|