The Glacor cavern mine is a mine found within the Glacor Cave, which alongside Tarshak's sanctum is one of the few places banite ore can be mined. The mine can be accessed after completion of Ritual of the Mahjarrat, either through the main entrance south of the Mahjarrat Ritual site, or via the fairy ring code DKQ. Before and during the quest, an energy barrier prevents players from entering the mine itself. This barrier can be freely passed after the quest.
Banite ore allows you to kill certain varieties of monsters much more effectively using ranged attacks, after using the Tune Bane Ore spell along with a piece of the monster that the player wishes to kill, such as dragon bones, or an abyssal demon head.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 25 March 2019 (Update):
- Reverted a change to the Glacor Cave Bane mine site to restore it back to the way it was before the update of 11th March 2019.
- The outer banite rocks have been depleted again.
- Made some fixes to Glacor Cave Bane mine site.
- 11 March 2019 (Update):
- The outer rocks contain ores once again.
- patch 4 February 2019 (Update):
- The outer banite rocks have been depleted to make it a more attractive proposition compared to the primary banite site.