Bane bolts are made by using the Tune Bane Ore spell on a banite ore, smelting the ore, smithing the bars on the anvil in Kethsi and fletching them. Tune Bane Ore can enchant the arrows and bolts to be more effective against certain creatures. To cast the spell, one must target the item dropped by and resembling the creature which the ore has to be attuned to, rather than casting it on the ore.
Bane bolts have level 60 damage, equal to enchanted ruby bolts. When used on their proper targets, they deal 40% more damage with auto-attacks (between royal bolts and death lotus darts), 25% more damage with abilities (roughly that of royal bolts), and they gain a flat 30% accuracy bonus.
Producing the unfinished bolts gives 700 experience and produces 75 unfinished bolts per bar.
The following is a list of requirements needed to create the bolts (all skill levels are boostable apart from the quest's requirements):
- Ritual of the Mahjarrat
- 80 Mining to mine the banite ore
- 87 Magic to tune the ore
- 77 Smithing to smelt the ore
- 80 Smithing to smith the unfinished bolts
- 80 Fletching to feather the bolts
The items that can be used to tune bane ore are:
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 5 February 2013 (Update):
- The Make-X interface now shows the correct amount of XP for attaching feathers to bane bolts.
- patch 21 February 2012 (Update):
- A new Smithing skill guide entry for bane bolt tips has been added.
References[edit | edit source]