Basiliskbane bolts are bolts that do additional damage to basilisks. They are created by attaching feathers to basiliskbane bolts (unf), requiring level 80 Fletching, giving 70 experience per set of 10 feathered.
The 40% damage boost from any type of bane ammunition applies only to the variable portion (the damage between the ability's minimum and maximum hit) of damage. Typically, abilities have ability damage ranges where the maximum hit is 5 times the minimum hit. For example, for an ability with a damage range of 20% to 100%, the damage boost will not apply to first 20% of ability damage, but will modify the additional damage over that. With the exception of auto attacks, this means that bane ammunition will always provide a total lower damage increase than displayed. In addition, it also provides +30% to the player's hit chance.
Average damage increase based on ability
and standard abilities
|Standard abilities[note 1]
| Snap Shot (Hit #1)[note 2]
| Tuska's Wrath
- ^ "Standard abilities" are abilities where the maximum hit is 5 times the minimum hit.
- ^ Due to the way the damage range of the second hit of Snap Shot is calculated, it does not receive the damage boost.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 7 February 2022 (Update):
- Addressed feedback regarding the combat item tooltips from last month's Ninja Strike:
- Clarified that the bonus ability damage from Bane Ammunition depends on the ability used.
- patch 5 February 2013 (Update):
- The Make-X interface now shows the correct amount of XP for attaching feathers to bane bolts.