The Rimmington mine is a mine that is located north-east of Rimmington, west of Port Sarim and south-west of Falador. It has no aggressive monsters.
A spade respawns in the centre of the mine.
It's one of the two mine with gold rocks for free-to-play without additional requirements, the other being the Al Kharid mine, which is further from a bank. Crafting Guild is better but requires 40 Crafting. It is also one of the two mines in free-to-play worlds with adamantite rocks, the other being Varrock South-East Mine, which is also further from a bank.
This mining site is also visited during the Animal Magnetism quest to make a Bar magnet.
The cart in the centre can be used as a Treasure Trail hidey-hole.
Roughly from fastest to slowest, but the difference between options are low to marginal.
- The locker in the Rimmington Customs Office acts as a deposit box, accessible to members that have completed Rocking Out.
- War's Retreat Teleport to bank, then return with Remora's necklace (teleports to White Knight Camp, but only on free worlds). Compared to vexillum banking, this is slightly faster when mining adamant ore, but roughly equal when mining gold ore as they are on different sides of the mine.
- Bank in the Clan Camp (not required to be in a clan) to the north and slightly east. However, they need a Clan vexillum to teleport to the Clan Camp, which does require them to be in a clan. Banking with vexillum takes about 30 seconds.
- There is also a forge and anvil that allows access to metal bank in Port Sarim to the east, with a furnace inside the house. These two are slightly further (takes 40 seconds to deposit at anvil) but offer more options. At near the minimum level and an adamant pickaxe + 2, one trip of 146 adamantite ores (with 2 spaces for the ore box and sedimentary geodes) takes about 24 minutes, or about 365 ores per hour. It is not recommended to mine them for money however due to their low value.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 21 February 2012 (Update):
- A mining rock in the Rimmington Mine has been renamed "Clay rock" to reflect what ore it contains.