The Cobalt Balmung is a reward for completing the miniquest Koschei's Troubles. It can be changed into the Achromatic Balmung by right clicking and selecting the "Toggle-colour" option.
When used on dagannoth, all enhanced Balmungs have a 45% bonus to hit chance, and deal 45% more auto-attack damage, or 35% against Dagannoth Supreme. With abilities, the extra damage is 22.5%, or 17.5% against Dagannoth Supreme.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 12 March 2013 (Update):
- The level requirements for Balmung have been updated.
- In Norse mythology, Balmung (or Gram) was the magical sword of the hero Sigurd or Siegfried as known in Germany.
- Wallasalkis are affected by the Balmung effect as if they were Dagannoth.
- Cobalt is a grey metal, although Cobalt blue is a common blue pigment.
- Unlike most Average-speed two-handed swords (including its original counterpart), upgraded Balmung uses a damage multiplier of instead of the standard . All versions of upgraded Balmung share this trait, effectively giving them an approximate weapon damage (equating to ability damage) bonus over other tier 70 weapons.