|Release||14 September 2011 (Update)|
|High alch||45 coins|
|Low alch||30 coins|
|Particularly damaging against dragons.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Dragonbane arrows are arrows that do additional damage to dragons. They are created by attaching dragonbane arrowheads to headless arrows, requiring level 76 Fletching, giving 187.5 experience per set of 15 feathered.
When used against dragons, these arrows deal 40% more damage with auto-attacks and 25% more damage with abilities, and they gain 30% hit chance bonus. Dragonbane arrows or bolts are necessary in order to break through the armour of a rune dragon and weaken it.
Dragonbane arrows can be used with:
- Shortbows/shieldbows - Magic bows, elder bows, Seercull, Dark bow, Strykebow, Hexhunter bow
- God bows - Guthix bow, Saradomin bow, Zamorak bow
- Charge bows - Gravite chargebow, Decimation, Seren godbow
- Longbows - Noxious longbow
- Chargebows used to disallow the use of bane ammunition, making them not as effective against the monsters that can be affected by them, and useless against rune dragons, until an update changed that, and now they take on the effects of using bane ammunition, as long as you have those equipped
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Accuracy||-||-||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|FAQ • docs|
Creation[edit | edit source]
The Magic, Smithing, and Fletching requirements can be boosted or assisted. Therefore, using spicy stews and an extreme magic potion, the lowest levels possible to obtain these bolts are 76 Mining (required to complete the quest), 80 Magic, 74 Smithing and 74 Fletching.
Steps to create dragonbone arrows:
- Mine Banite ore at any of these locations, or purchase the ore from the Grand Exchange at 6,151 a piece. To skip the next step, cast the spell Tune Banite Ore directly on the rock, which will allow the player to mine dragonbane ore directly from the rock.
- Arctic habitat mine which has rocks on the East and West sides of the azure chinchompa hunting grounds.
- Pirates' Hideout mine located in the Wilderness near the Mage Arena.
- Glacor Cave which can be accessed using fairy ring DKQ, and running north past the energy barrier. Requires Ritual of the Mahjarrat.
- Jatizso dungeon mine accessible after The Fremennik Isles quest.
- Quest mine after completing Hero's Welcome in Tarshak's sanctum.
- Switch to the Lunar spellbook if you are not already on it. The magic skillcape can be used to switch magic books at a bank.
- Create Dragonbanite ore by casting the Tune Bane Ore lunar spell on an item from a dragon, such as dragon bones or dragonhide in your inventory.
- Smelt the ore into Dragonbane bars at a furnace. Any furnace can be used, such as the one at Lumbridge.
- Use the sixth-age circuit to teleport to the World Gate and then use it to travel to Kethsi (faster) or use DIR then AKS (slower)
- Use the Kethsian anvil on the upper level to make 75 Dragonbane arrowheads per bar.
- The item can be found under the 'Kethsian smithing' section, under the 'Misc Smithing' header. (see picture)
- Periodically use the Kethsian forge to re-heat your project and smith it faster.
- Add Headless arrows to the Dragonbane arrowheads to craft the finished dragonbane arrows.
Creation[edit | edit source]
|187.5 XP||-||2 (1.2s)||-|
|Partial completion of Ritual of the Mahjarrat after finding the tune banite ore scroll|
Effectiveness[edit | edit source]
In terms of damage, dragonbane arrows are less effective than Araxyte arrows. This is because Araxyte arrows provide 864 damage while with the extra 25% applied to abilities the dragonbane arrows only provides 720 damage. This means that, if accuracy is not an issue, Araxyte arrows are superior. Due to the inherently high accuracy of the Noxious longbow, players should find that Araxyte arrows are better against normal dragons, if only slightly so. When fighting a dragon like the Queen Black Dragon, dragonbane arrows are of much more use due to their increased accuracy. In addition, dragonbane arrows are less time-consuming to acquire.
In any other case, dragonbane arrows are generally better. It should also be noted that rune dragons take immensely reduced damage in their first phase if hit by anything besides dragonbane bolts/arrows, so much that they are required to kill them effectively.
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Arrows and arrowheads|
|Item quantity required||50|
|Base junk chance||67.0%|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 9 November 2015 (Update):
- The XP given when crafting dragonbane arrows has been altered to match the Make X interface.
- patch 22 November 2011 (Update):
- Dragonbane arrows now function correctly on all kinds of Frost dragon