The Al Kharid mine is located north of Al Kharid, north-west of the Fire Altar. It is also known as the Scorpion Mine, due to it containing scorpions, and also as the Al Kharid Quarry, because it is an open pit mine. The mine is one of the six possible desert locations for Shooting Stars to land.
This location is fairly effective for mining gems, as well as gold and silver ore, which may be used to train Crafting. The nearest furnaces to this mine are located in Al Kharid and Lumbridge, with each also close to a bank.
It also contains the entrance to the Al Kharid resource dungeon, which requires level 75 Dungeoneering to enter.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 28 January 2019 (Update):
- Fixed force walk tile next to common gem rock in Al Kharid.
- patch 18 April 2016 (Update):
- Stopped the player's camera from jumping around when entering the Al Kharid mine via the agility shortcut.
- Three fire runes and one water rune spawn near the north end of the mine.
- Before an early update, the Al Kharid mining site was home to one of the few places in the game where 3 iron ore were available to a player without having to walk in between mining attempts. This was an especially popular place for power mining, and competition could be fierce.