Golden partyhat shard
|Golden partyhat shard|
|Release||22 November 2021 (Update)|
|Removal||17 January 2022 (Update unknown)|
|Destroy||You can claim it again from the Wise Old Man outside the Grand Exchange in Varrock.|
|Backpack||Open Interface, Use, Destroy, Examine|
|On ground||Take, Examine|
|On death||Always kept|
|Combine eight of these to form a golden partyhat.|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Golden partyhat shards were used to create a golden partyhat at Wise Old Man during the Golden Partyhat Hunt. Eight shards are needed in order to do so. They can be obtained by completing various activities in the game. Shards may only be claimed on a member's world.
When receiving a shard, fireworks appear above the player character, and a message is produced in the chat box:
A shard can be used to open the Event tab of the Community interface.
Although there are 11 possible sources of golden partyhat shards, it is not possible to obtain more than eight. If a player has already collected eight shards and performs an action which would grant another, the following message appears:In spite of this, the shard's respective category is still ticked off in the Event interface.
Obtaining[edit | edit source]
|Host||Talk to the Wise Old Man outside the Grand Exchange in Varrock for a free golden partyhat shard.|
|Quest||Complete all four parts of the Once Upon a Time quest for a golden partyhat shard.|
|Combat||Train any of the following combat skills for a chance to receive a golden partyhat shard:|
Attack, Strength, Ranged, Magic, Constitution, Defence, Prayer and Summoning.
|Gathering||Train any of the following gathering skills for a chance to receive a golden partyhat shard:|
Fishing, Mining, Woodcutting, Farming, Hunter, Divination and Archaeology.
|Artisan||Train any of the following artisan skills for a chance to receive a golden partyhat shard:|
Herblore, Crafting, Fletching, Smithing, Cooking, Firemaking, Construction and Runecrafting.
|Support||Train any of the following support skills for a chance to receive a golden partyhat shard:|
Agility, Thieving, completing Slayer tasks and completing Dungeoneering floors.
|Clue||Complete clue scrolls for a chance to receive a golden partyhat shard. Only clues completed during the event will count towards this.[a 1]|
|Boss||Defeat bosses to earn Marks of War for a chance to receive a golden partyhat shard.|
|Gold||There's a shady salesman hiding in the Grand Exchange who is selling a golden partyhat shard.[a 2]|
|Yak Track||Complete Tier 15 of the free track on the Wintumber Aurora Yak Track to receive a golden partyhat shard|
The Yak Track will be active between 29th November 2021 and 9th January 2022.
|Premier Club||Become a Premier Club 2021[sic] member for a free golden partyhat shard. This shard will be available until January 16th 2022.[a 3]|
Notes for obtaining[edit source]
- Only members can obtain shards and assemble the golden partyhat.
- Levelling skills isn't necessarily required to obtain the shards from the corresponding tasks.
- Each task rewards only one shard.
- Ironman players are able to create their own hat - however, they are not able to trade it.
- While there is an element of randomness to collecting the shards, they also have in-built "bad luck" protection. As the player continues to train skills, kill bosses, or complete clue scrolls, the likelihood of receiving a shard grows exponentially. The "bad luck" protection is bound to each task separately, meaning the chance of getting a shard from one task can be higher than another, depending on how many times a roll for a particular shard has been failed.
- Using protean items works for the Gathering and Artisan tasks.
- The shard from Treasure Trails has a chance to be awarded upon completion of a trail (when a casket is received). A higher clue difficulty has a higher chance of awarding a shard.
- If a shard is obtained when the player's inventory is full, it will be placed in the bank.
- It is not possible to obtain shards from using herbicide, seedicide, deployable herb burner, silverhawk boots, and elite training dummies.
- Training at a Clan Citadel does count for respective skills.
- Burning bones can grant a shard from the Artisan task, but not Combat.
- You can receive the support shard from Prifddinas Serenity posts.
- You can receive non-support skilling shards from skilling in Daemonheim.
Products[edit | edit source]
Graphical updates[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
- hotfix 6 December 2021 (Update):
- Players will more reliably receive the Golden Party Hat Shard when completing Task 15 of the Yak Track, rather than needing to reclaim the Shard from the Wise Old Man.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- While the golden partyhat shards are members only items, it is possible for free-to-play players to obtain one from the Wise Old Man by accessing his dialogue tree through right-click options.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ The Runescape Team. "Golden Party Hat Hunt." 22 November 2021. RuneScape News. Taken from the FAQ section of the news update.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Yeab's Twitter account. 16 December 2021. Mod Yeab: "The Deployable Her Burner does not give: A chance at a Golden Party hat Shard, Christmas paper, Yak track skill, and kill progress, However, it does roll for both firemaking and herblore skill pets. Thanks, mod yeab"
- ^ Jagex. Mod Sponge's Twitter account. 24 November 2021. (Archived from the original on 26 November 2021.) Mod Sponge: "Hi! You can receive an Artisan shard from burning bones, but you would not have a chance of receiving the Combat/Prayer shard. Thanks! - Mod Pixel"
|Celebration of Quests|