Gillie Groats is a farmer who helps milk dairy cows for her family's business. She is the daughter of Seth Groats and has an unnamed husband.
She helps players with obtaining milk, telling them where to buy buckets, offering to give them a bucket, and helping them if they try milking a cow without a bucket. During Cook's Assistant, she lets players use her prized dairy cow to obtain the top-quality milk needed to bake a cake, considering it an honour to help. If the player tries to milk a cow without a bucket, she laughs and says it's clear they've never milked a cow before and are likely from a city.
She used to give out jobs to players until they were removed on 15 December 2009.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 24 October 2012 (Update):
- Gillie Groats no longer gets confused between mountains and fences.
- Her examine text is a pun on "utterly" and "udder".
- While looking similar to milk sellers, she does not sell milk and instead directs players to the Grand Exchange.
- ^ Gillie Groats, RuneScape. "My father is a farmer and I milk the cows for him."
- ^ Gillie Groats, RuneScape. "I'm afraid not. My husband has already taken all of our stocks to the market."
- ^ Gillie Groats, "Cook's Assistant", RuneScape. "Wow, it's quite an honour that you'd pick my cows. I'd suggest you get some milk from my prized cow."
- ^ Gillie Groats, RuneScape. "Tee hee! You've never milked a cow before, have you?[...]You're from the city, aren't you?"