For other variants of this item, see hardened
Penance gloves are weight-reducing melee gloves which require 40 Defence to wear. These gloves can be obtained by exchanging 150 Honour Points of each role from the Barbarian Assault minigame, or 60 thaler. They offer the greatest weight reduction bonus in the hand slot, at -7.0 kg. More than one pair of this item can be owned.
The gloves are part of the Penance armour set, which restores prayer over time (30 points per minute) when the full set (fighter torso, penance skirt, runner boots, penance gloves, and any penance hat) is worn.
The penance gloves can be upgraded to a hardened penance gloves using a barbarian assault armour patch. Upgrading the gloves has no cosmetic difference.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- update 19 January 2010 (Update):
- Penance gloves' weight reduction increased from -4.5 kg to -7.0 kg.
- update 1 February 2010 (Update):
- The gloves were given a +4 strength bonus.
- 22 June 2009 (Update):
- The gloves changed colour from gold to grey, most likely to match the agile legs and agile top released on the same date.
- update 4 January 2007 (Update):
- These gloves are one of the very few items with combat bonuses that you can take to Entrana.