Rune gauntlets are tier 50 gauntlets that are stronger than adamant gauntlets and weaker than dragon gauntlets. Players need at least level 50 Defence to wear these gauntlets, and level 50 Smithing and one rune bar to create these at an anvil.
Rune gauntlets are tier 50 melee hands armour. They require level 50 Defence to wear.
They can be made at a forge and anvil using 1 rune bar, requiring 600 progress to complete, granting a total of 240 Smithing experience. They can be upgraded to rune gauntlets + 1 with another 1 bar.
| Smithing level||50|
| Must be performed at an anvil|
- No drop sources found. To force an update, click here.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- update 3 February 2020 (Update):
- Adjusted disassembly to give 4 materials per bar used in creating the item from scratch
- ninja 17 August 2015 (Update):
- Various gauntlets are now dropped from additional NPCs:
- Bronze - goblins
- Iron - minotaurs
- Steel - flesh crawlers
- Black - black knights
- Mithril - moss giants
- Adamant - ankou
- Rune - hellhounds
- Rune gauntlets were originally obtained as a reward from the Fist of Guthix minigame. They were changed in the 10 August 2015 update to drop from monsters; this was later replaced with salvages with the Mining and Smithing rework.