Gloves of passage
|Gloves of passage|
|Release||3 July 2017 (Update)|
|Stacks in bank||Yes|
|High alch||48,000 coins|
|Low alch||32,000 coins|
|A powerful set of gloves that will aid a melee combatant.|
|Exchange||1,941,144 coins (info)|
|Links||MRID • recipe|
|FAQ • doc|
Gloves of passage are tier 85 melee power gloves, dropped by The Magister. While worn, after the Havoc or Smash ability successfully hits, the damage within two ticks of the wearer's next melee attack within 6 seconds is increased by 7%.
Although the tooltip states that only maximum hit is increased, the minimum hit is also increased. An important thing to note is that bleeds and damage-over-time based abilities like Slaughter are unaffected, but will still consume the passive buff. The effect of the gloves of passage is retained even after switching gloves, and the effect does not cancel through use of defensive abilities or when switching weapons. However, the buff only applies for the target that Havoc or Smash was used on.
Combat stats[edit | edit source]
|Armour||96.2||PvM: 0%||PvP: 0%|
|Life points||0||Style bonuses|
|FAQ • docs|
Comparison[edit | edit source]
Havoc and Smash are weaker than Fury and have a 10 second cooldown, as opposed to Fury's 5 seconds. The first two hits of Fury will apply more average damage any time the hit that is buffed has a maximum of below 468% ability damage.
The most efficient way to benefit from Gloves of passage is to apply a Fury buff to an ability, equip the gloves, cast Havoc/Smash, switch back to the other gloves and a two-handed weapon if needed and apply the next ability during Fury's 5 second cooldown.
Drop sources[edit | edit source]
|The Magister||899||1||1/500[dr 1]|
- ^ There is further information on this drop; see the associated page for details.
Repair cost[edit | edit source]
The base repair cost of the Gloves of passage when completely degraded to 0.0% item charge is 300,000 coins. It can be repaired by:
- Bob - the axe seller in Lumbridge
- Tindel Marchant - the weapon and armour repairman at Port Khazard
- Dunstan - the smith in Burthorpe
- Squire - in the workshop area of the Void Knights' Outpost
If it is only partially degraded, then the cost of a full repair is multiplied by the percentage of item charge that needs to be repaired to produce the current repair cost.
template = Calculator:Template/Smithing/Armour stand form = repairForm result = repairResult param = level|Smithing level (1-106)|1|int|1-106|| param = charge|Item Charge|0.0|number|0.0-100.0|| param = cost|cost|300000|hidden|||
|The result will appear here when you submit the form.|
Comparison with other gloves[edit | edit source]
Disassembly[edit | edit source]
|Disassembly category||Melee armour|
|Item quantity required||1|
|Base junk chance||1.0%|
|1 × Shifting components||Always|
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 21 October 2019 (Update):
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Upon release, the drop rate of the gloves was 1/2,000. This was changed to 1/500 following player complaints of its unusually high rarity (despite being a tertiary drop) with the patch notes of 13 November 2017.
References[edit | edit source]
- ^ Havoc/Smash with Gloves of passage provide an average of 94.2% ability damage plus a 7% damage buff to the next hit. Fury (after two hits) provides an average of 97.32% ability damage plus a 6.333% damage buff to next hit.