The spottier cape is a reward from the Hunter skill that reduces the weight of its wearer. It requires at least level 66 Hunter to wear. It has more weight reduction than the Spotted cape, reducing the player's weight by 4.5 kg. The Wicked cape reduces your weight by 6 kg, outclassing the spottier cape by 1.5 kg.
To obtain it, players have to get two dashing kebbit furs from the Falconry hunting zone and 800 coins. Then bring both of them to the (south-eastern) Varrock Fancy Clothes Store, just after the wooden gate.
Exchanging the furs for a cape is a hard Varrock achievement. Non-ironmen can simply purchase the furs on the Grand Exchange in Varrock for this; hunting Dashing Kebbits for their fur is not necessary.
If a player changes their skin tone through the Makeover Mage or with a Chameleon extract, the Spottier cape (and the Spotted cape) will change as well to match the player's skin.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 7 December 2015 (Update):
- Spotty and Spottier capes are once again varied in colour for male characters.
- Female characters now use the newer shape of Spotty and Spottier capes.
- patch 12 October 2011 (Update):
- Spottier capes now sit closer to the player's back.
- patch 24 November 2010 (Update):
- The spottier cape no longer clips when fletching driftwood.
- patch 21 July 2009 (Update):
- Patched up a hole that could appear while wearing the spottier cape.
- patch 20 January 2009 (Update):
- Fixed some render issues on the spottier cape when performing certain animations like fishing.