Steel gauntlets are an equippable item that are worn in the hands slot. One needs at least 20 Defence to wear these gauntlets.
Steel gauntlets are tier 20 melee hands armour. They require level 20 Defence to wear.
They can be made at a forge and anvil using 1 steel bar, requiring 300 progress to complete, granting a total of 75 Smithing experience. They can be upgraded to steel gauntlets + 1 with another 1 bar.
|75 XP||-||Varies [recipe 1]||748|
| Smithing level||20|
|You must use a normal Anvil or Forge|
- No drop sources found. To force an update, click here.
This list was created dynamically. For help, see the FAQ
To force an update of this list, click here
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- update 3 February 2020 (Update):
- Adjusted disassembly to give 4 materials per bar used in creating the item from scratch
- ninja 17 August 2015 (Update):
- Various gauntlets are now dropped from additional NPCs:
- Bronze - goblins
- Iron - minotaurs
- Steel - flesh crawlers
- Black - black knights
- Mithril - moss giants
- Adamant - ankou
- Rune - hellhounds
- Steel gauntlets were originally obtained as a reward from the Fist of Guthix minigame. They were changed in the 10 August 2015 update to drop from monsters; this was later replaced with salvages with the Mining and Smithing rework.