Granny Potterington, also known as Petunia, is the original owner of Manor Farm, north of East Ardougne. She helps introduce players to the player-owned farm, where livestock and other farming activities can be managed.
Her dialogue suggests that she is the one of a last remaining Potteringtons, as she states her husband, Hector, died several months ago, and her two sons, Henry and Harry, were killed in the Battle of Lumbridge. The cause of her husband's death is extremely suspicious, as she states a different cause every day, and the farmland that she owns is somehow sufficient enough for a Bloodwood tree to grow, suggesting that their deaths are not what she said to be. She can be asked to tell a joke, which also changes daily. Prehistoric Potterington is Granny's great grandmother, whom she asked to help expand the Potterington brand to Anachronia for the Ranch Out of Time.
In order to access her tutorial, level 17 Farming and level 20 Construction must be acquired first before accessing the tutorial. Otherwise she will talk about beans and want to find another player to help.
After completing the tutorial, she will grant the player access to the Farmers' Market.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- update 4 February 2019 (Update):
- Now sells the ability to unlock farm animal indicators to help determine whether something is diseased or has produce to gather.
- update 26 November 2018 (Update):
- You can now chose which contract buyer you want to show up by right-clicking Granny.
- Her dialogue about Hector being electrocuted by a wandering pig is a reference to Jambon.
- She is based on a character from Mod Raven's roleplaying campaigns.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Rowley's Twitter account. 20 July 2018. (Archived from the original on 27 October 2020.) Mod Rowley: "Raven will be chuffed. Is this her? She does originally hail from some of Raven's roleplaying campaigns, and I'm sure John played with them at some point."