Royal dragon

From the RuneScape Wiki, the wiki for all things RuneScape
Jump to: navigation, search
Loading...
NPCItem

Royal dragons are the shiny breed of dragons that may be raised on the player-owned farm. It can be obtained by breeding two dragons who have the Frost Breath, Poisonous Breath, and Shock Breath traits between them, by trading with another player, or by checking a royal dragon egg (unchecked). Having all three breath traits is necessary to unlock the ability to breed it. In addition, the child needs to be a black dragon.

Animals can have 1-3 traits on birth. There is a 0.1% chance (1/1000) for players to receive rare "shiny" animals from breeding. Sparkling (+1% shiny chance trait in slot 1/2/3), Glistening (+1.5% shiny chance in slot 2/3), and Radiant (+2.5% shiny chance in slot 3) traits replace the base 0.1% chance. All traits stack, so a perfect pair of parents would provide a 10% shiny chance per birth. Any shiny traits on the offspring also add to the chance. An offspring with Sparkling/Glistening/Radiant on top of perfect parents would have a 15% chance of being shiny.

Royal dragons, since they require the three breaths on the parents as well as the child being born black, have an extra 5% base chance naturally. A perfect pair of adult or elder black dragons (Breath1/Breath2/Radiant and Breath3/Glistening/Radiant) would have a total of 11.5% shiny chance. This becomes 16.5% if the offspring is born with Sparkling/Glistening/Radiant.

The chances of a royal dragon offspring can be increased if the parents are black dragons with the traits that increase the chances of shiny offspring (Sparkling, Glistening, and Radiant respectively), but these are not necessary to breed a royal dragon.[1]

Royal dragons have the same chance as normal black dragons at breeding royals and should breed black dragons by default.[2]

Additionally, a draconic visage may be rarely gathered from a royal dragon.

Royal dragon
Farming level 92
Pen size Large
Eats Meat, fish
Produce 2x Royal dragonhide (11,046)
Muck Dragon manure
Breeding cycle
(max cycle)
16.67 hours (83.35 hours)
Breeding success chance (%) 80%
Growth time
Baby Adolescent Adult Elder
16.8 hours 25.2 hours 50.4 hours 75.6 hours
Growth check Farming XP
Baby Adolescent Adult Elder
22,000 33,000 66,000 99,000
Cured disease Farming XP
Baby Adolescent Adult Elder
1,100 1,650 3,300 990
Base sell price in beans
Egg Baby Adolescent Adult Elder
270 540 2,700 2,295 1,890
Buyer The Raptor chathead.png: Chat head image of The RaptorRaptor (dragon expert)
Last spawn February 20 2019 00:00 UTC ago
Next spawn February 23 2019 00:00 UTC

Gallery[edit | edit source]

Update history[edit | edit source]

  • patch 4 February 2019 (Update):
    • Shiny animals now count as a wildcard for trait requests when selling to player owned farm NPC buyers, on top of the existing breed wildcard.
  • patch 17 September 2018 (Update):
    • Royal dragons can now only be bred using super secret farming methods.

References[edit | edit source]

  1. ^ Jagex. Mod Raven's Twitter account. 21 September 2018. Mod Raven: "Yes, they improve the chance."
  2. ^ Jagex. Mod Raven's Twitter account. 8 October 2018. Mod Raven: "Royal dragons do not breed true (i.e don't breed other royal dragons automatically) but should breed as black dragons. They have no higher chance to breed a royal than another black dragon. They are not infertile."