The storm barn is a dedicated bank/inventory space where players can store up to 60 player-owned farm animals. The animals must be checked to put them into the barn.
It requires 5,000 beans to unlock the ability to build the barn. It requires level 60 Construction, 225 rune nails, and 20 mahogany planks to build the barn which can store up to 15 animals. The large animal pen kit can be used in place of the nails and planks. After building the barn, players can buy an upgrade for the barn for 20,000 beans to increase the capacity to 30 animals, and a further upgrade for 60,000 beans to increase the capacity to 60 animals.
Through the Farmers' Market on Anachronia Dinosaur Farm, the player can unlock the ability to build access to the storm barn on Anachronia for 7,500 beans.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 4 May 2020 (Update):
- There is now space for a Storm Barn to be built on The Ranch Out of Time.
- The building permit can be purchased for 7,500 beans.
- You'll need 15,000 wood, hides, and leaves from the Anachronia Base Camp to build the Storm Barn.
- The Storm Barn is a requirement for the "Bean There, Done That, Got The Post Card" achievement for the Completionist Cape.
- 25 November 2019 (Update):
- A second purchasable upgrade (60 slots) to the storm barn was added to the game.
- patch 2 September 2019 (Update):
- Made text use the correct skin colour on the POF storm barn interface on RuneScape Mobile.
- patch 27 August 2019 (Update):
- Fixed typo when trying to deposit into the storm barn without any appropriate items.
- patch 11 February 2019 (Update):
- Removing animals from the storm barn can no longer cause a disconnection.
- patch 4 February 2019 (Update):
- Added to game.
- Players are also now able to buy the deeds to build a new barn under the farm, which can be used to store checked animals. The barn comes with 15 slots, although this can be extended to 30.