|Also known as||Farming Guild, Ardougne farm|
|Release date||3 September 2018 (Update)|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Manor Farm, also known as the Farming Guild, is a farm located north of East Ardougne. Owned by Granny Potterington, it houses several animal pens, a few farming patches, and her house. The north-western corner of the farm is connected to the Mill Road Mill.
Inside Granny Potterington's house is a remote farm device, which can only be built after a certain level of farming guild reputation, and a mystical tree upstairs to teleport players to the Ranch Out of Time.
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- The Ardougne lodestone is located directly south-west of Manor Farm.
- Once per day, the Ardougne cloak 2/3 can be used to teleport to Manor Farm.
- The Ardougne cloak 4 provides unlimited teleports to Manor Farm.
Farming[edit | edit source]
Player-owned farm[edit | edit source]
Manor Farm is the main hub for the player-owned farm. The farm hosts several animal pens where the player can raise and breed livestock.
Remote farm device[edit | edit source]
The remote farm device can be found on both floors inside the building in the centre of the farm.
Farming patches[edit | edit source]
The northern section of the farm hosts a compost bin, two allotment patches, a flower patch, and a herb patch. Nearby the patches are Kragen, who can be paid to look after the allotments, and a tool leprechaun. A fourth spirit tree patch (requiring level 114 Farming as well tier 1 Farming reputation), a Money tree patch (requiring level 119 Farming), and a bloodwood tree patch are between the house and eastern pens.
The money tree takes 2 days to grow and will not get diseased or die. Upon checking the health it rewards 60,000 experience and 3 cash bags can be harvested each giving between 333,000 to 500,000 coins up to a maximum total of around 1,500,000 coins. The Money tree seed is rarely obtained from birds nests, crystal chest (Prifddinas/Taverley), harvesting player-owned farm animals, harvesting/checking health of crops, triskelion keys, and Farming Guild requests.
Farming reputation[edit | edit source]
Earning Farming experience through Farming actions such as harvesting, checking plant/animal, etc. grant Farming reputation which unlocks rewards at various ranks.
Farming Guild requests[edit | edit source]
There are NPCs at the Manor Farm outside near the animal buyers with requests requiring seeds, produce, and animals. Players may have similar requests, but not the exact same, e.g. same seed but different amounts. To access the requests, one needs to click on the 'Farming Requests' button on the little interface (shown on the right) while at Manor Farm. Players can talk with the request NPCs at Manor Farm to see what their request is as well as handing the items in after gathering them.
- Easy requests are daily and have a 1/5 chance to give a Brassica primer. They award 2,750 reputation. Easy requests require seeds + generic animal.
- Medium requests are every 3 days and give one Brassica primer guaranteed. They award 5,500 reputation. Medium requests require seeds + specific animal + produce.
- Hard requests are weekly and give 3 Brassica primers guaranteed. They award 13,750 reputation. Hard requests required seeds + specific animal (with specific trait) + produce.
Both checked and unchecked animals can be turned in for requests. Completing a request rewards the player with reputation and an item corresponding to the NPC (see the table below) as well as Brassica primers, which grants the player a 10% experience boost when checking the health of Farming patches for 15 minutes upon consuming the potion. Completing a request does not grant experience.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 2 December 2019 (Update):
- Animal buyers will no longer hang around at the farm once they have all the animals they're after.
- update 25 November 2019 (Update):.
- The farming guild, Spirit tree patch, Money tree patch and Bloodwood tree patch were added
- patch 17 June 2019 (Update):.
- A crash no longer occurs when completing a large number of farming urns at once on Manor farm.
- patch 26 November 2018 (Update):
- Reduced the painted down area of Manor Farm which was covering a wider area than it perhaps needed. This meant farm checks were running when you walked from places like the Ardougne lodestone to the Fishing Guiid. The areas have now been tightened up to only cover the the outskirts of all pens and the hives.
- patch 24 September 2018 (Update):
- Missing blocking has been added to the west side of Granny Potterington's farmhouse.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Even before officially becoming Manor Farm with release of the player-owned farm, the area was used to accommodate farming related content, including Richard's Farming Shop, a potato field, a wheat field, a cow pen, and a sheep pen.
- The name of the farm is a reference to George Orwell's 1945 novel, Animal Farm.
- Manor Farm is a name traditionally given to a farm that was part of a manor in England.
- Prior to the Farming 120 update the Farming Guild was simply Granny Potterington's house.