Player-owned farm/Quick guide
This is a quick reference page for the player-owned farm with various information tables and not all the additional text around them.
Growth stages and breeding rates[edit | edit source]
|Animal||Time per stage||Breeding info|
|Egg to baby||Baby to adolescent||Adolescent to adult||Adult to elder||Total time to elder||Breeding rate||Success rate||Average rate|
|Rabbits||N/A||12 minutes||21 minutes||27 minutes||60 minutes (1h)||5 minutes||40%||12m|
|Chickens||25 minutes||37.5 minutes||75 minutes||112.5 minutes||250 minutes (4h 10m)||50 minutes||45%||1h 57m|
|Chinchompas||N/A||504 minutes (8h 24m)||882 minutes (14h 42m)||1134 minutes (18h 54m)||2520 minutes (42h)||150 minutes (2h 30m)||60%||4h 42m|
|Sheep||N/A||24 minutes||42 minutes||54 minutes||120 minutes (2h)||100 minutes (1h 40m)||45%||3h 55m|
|Spiders||150 minutes (2h 30m)||225 minutes (3h 45m)||450 minutes (7h 30m)||675 minutes (11h 15m)||1500 minutes (25h)||180 minutes (3h)||50%||6h 33m|
|Zygomites||N/A||1008 minutes (16h 48m)||1764 minutes (29h 24m)||2268 minutes (37h 48m)||5040 minutes (84h)||500 minutes (8h 20m)||70%||13h 20m|
|Cows||N/A||72 minutes (1h 12m)||126 minutes (2h 6m)||162 minutes (2h 42m)||360 minutes (6h)||300 minutes (5h)||70%||8h|
|Yaks||N/A||806 minutes (13h 26m)||1442 minutes (24h 2m)||1784 minutes (29h 44m)||4032 minutes (67h 12m)||400 minutes (6h 40m)||60%||12h 32m|
|Dragons||1008 minutes (16h 48m)||1512 minutes (25h 12m)||3024 minutes (50h 24m)||4536 minutes (75h 36m)||10080 minutes (168h = 1 week)||1000 minutes (16h 40m)||80%||22h 32m|
Selling[edit | edit source]
- Last updated on 12:27:38, 30 June 2022 (UTC). Click to purge.
|Buyer||Last spawned (ago)||Next spawn|
|Small||June 30 2022 00:00 UTC||July 01 2022 00:00 UTC|
|Medium||June 30 2022 00:00 UTC||July 02 2022 00:00 UTC|
|Large||June 30 2022 00:00 UTC||July 03 2022 00:00 UTC|
- Small - 12 every day
- Medium - 8 every two days
- Large - 6 every three days
100% (base value)
[net gain if bought from store]
Gathered produce[edit | edit source]
Every time one of your animals grow, you can gather its produce for items and Farming experience. The experience from harvesting is not affected by Double XP Live, but it is affected by bonus experience and it will fill Farming urns.
|Egg to baby||Baby to adolescent||Adolescent to adult||Adult to elder||Total XP to elder||XP/hr of growth[d 1]|
|Rabbit||N/A||50||87.5||112.5||250||250||2 Rabbit teeth[d 2]|
1 Rabbit foot (rare)[d 2]
|Rooster[d 3]||125||187.5||375||562.5||1,250||300||10 Feather|
|Hen[d 3]||10 Feather|
|Chinchompa||N/A||3,000||5,250||6,750||15,000||357.14||10 Chinchompa or Skillchompa[d 4]|
2 Chinchompa residue
20,000 Coins[d 5]
|Sheep||N/A||125||218.75||281.25||625||312.5||3 Wool[d 6]|
|Spider[d 3]||1,000||1,500||3,000||4,500||10,000||400||2 Spider fangs|
3 Spider silk
2 Spider venom[d 7]
|Zygomite||N/A||8,000||14,000||18,000||40,000||476.19||2 Zygomite fruits|
2 Mort myre fungus[d 8]
2 Mycelial webbing[d 9]
3 Morchella mushroom spores[d 10]
|Bull||N/A||500||875||1,125||2,500||416.67||2 Bull horns|
1 Bucket of milk[d 11]
|Yak||N/A||6,500||11,375||14,625||32,500||483.63[d 12]||2 Yak milk[d 13]|
2 Yak tufts
1 Yak hide
|Dragon[d 3]||10,000||15,000||30,000||45,000||100,000||595.23||2 Dragonhide[d 14]|
- ^ Each stage of growth has the same xp/hr of growth rate. Later stages of growth have longer wait times and bigger xp drops, but the rate per hour is the same.
- ^ a b Only from rellekkan cream rabbit or piscatorian cottontail rabbit.
- ^ a b c d Animals do not give items on the first growth stage if they come from an egg.
- ^ Chinchompa or skillchompa of the respective breed: grey chinchompa, red chinchompa, cobalt skillchompa, viridian skillchompa, azure skillchompa, crimson skillchompa or crystal skillchompa.
- ^ Only golden chinchompa.
- ^ Wool of the respective breed: wool, black wool, summerdown wool, springsheared wool, winterwold wool or fallfaced wool.
- ^ From fever, giant, corpse, ice, and araxyte spiders.
- ^ From gloomshroom zygomites.
- ^ From zanarian and arcspore zygomites.
- ^ From zanarian zygomites.
- ^ Milk of the respective cow breed: milk, chocolatey milk, strawberry milk or vanilla milk.
- ^ Does not appear to strictly follow constant xp/h given values on main page. Value given for average xp/h.
- ^ Only from female Fremennik yak.
- ^ Dragonhide of the respective coloured dragon: green dragonhide, blue dragonhide, red dragonhide or black dragonhide.
Considerations regarding beans vs experience[edit | edit source]
The highest rate of beans is obtained by selling an adolescent animal. Should a player decide to grow an animal further, (up to elder) for experience, the rate of experience is as follows
|Animal||Experience gained (from adolescent to elder)||Beans lost||Exp/Bean|
Feeding[edit | edit source]
- ^ Is only used at the Ranch Out of Time
- ^ Any items added to an empty trough in a chinchompa pen will become variety mush, which only chinchompas eat. However, if a specific type of mush is present when chinchompas are added to the pen, it can safely be removed or topped up without becoming variety mush. The chinchompas will eat the specific mush.
Disease[edit | edit source]
Underlined symptoms indicate that the symptom is not unique to the disease. If you get an underlined response, you should monitor a different body part.
|Head||Eyes||Legs and feet||Stomach|
Useful traits for breeding[edit | edit source]
|Useful traits for breeding|
|Trait name||Summary||Description||Trait is available in slot|
|Radiant||Shiny +5% shiny chance||This animal is practically shining.|
|Glistening||Shiny +3% shiny chance||This animal is more likely to produce shiny offspring.|
|Sparkling||Shiny +2% shiny chance||There's something almost "shiny" about this animal.|
|Good Breeding||Increased chance of different breed from parent. Does not work for any chinchompas. Dragon offspring are of equal or higher tier e.g. green dragons can produce blue, but blue dragons cannot produce green.||This animal carries some rare breed ancestry in its genetics.|
|Strong Genes||This animal is more likely to produce offspring of the same breed.||Increased chance of same breed as parent. Conflicts with Good Breeding.|
|Genetic Instability||Multi-trait++||The unusual genetics in this animal means its offspring are more likely to have multiple traits.|
|Genetic Mutation||Multi-trait+||The unusual nature of this animal means its offspring are more likely to have multiple traits.|
|This animal is happier and healthier than other animals|
|Joyful||Happy++||This animal is almost always happy.|
|Jovial||Happy+||This animal always sees the glass as half full.|
|Immune||Healthy++||This animal is practically immune to disease.|
|Robust||Healthy+||This animal is more resistant to disease.|
|Studly||Breeding++||This animal has a much higher breeding chance than other animals.|
|Virile||Breeding+||This animal has a higher breeding chance than some others.|
|Frost Breath||Shiny unlock (Dragons only)||A breeding pair of dragons with Frost Breath and Poisonous Breath and Shock Breath between them allows for a Royal Dragon to be bred. Does not increase base chance for Shiny offspring.|
Animals can have 1 to 3 traits on birth. There is a 0.1% chance (1/1000) for players to receive rare "shiny" animals from breeding. Sparkling (+2% shiny chance Trait Slot 1/2/3), Glistening (+3% shiny chance Slot 2/3), and Radiant (+5% shiny chance Slot 3) traits replaces the base 0.1% chance. All traits stack, so a perfect pair of parents would provide 10% shiny chance per birth. Any shiny traits on the offspring also adds to the chance. An offspring with Sparkling/Glistening/Radiant on top of perfect parents would have a 15% chance of being shiny.
For Royal Dragons, since they require the 3 breaths on the parents as well as the child being born black, have an extra 5% base chance naturally. A perfect pair of adult or elder black dragons (Breath1/Breath2/Radiant vs Breath3/Glistening/Radiant) would have a total of 11.5% shiny chance. This becomes 16.5% if the offspring is born with Sparkling/Glistening/Radiant.
Shiny animals have a different appearance to regular ones when older than the baby stage; the word 'Shiny!' appears on the 4th line below Gender when mouse-over only in the inventory or bank; not in the pen. They give +10% more Farming experience as they are raised, and when sold to the buyer, count as a "wildcard" for the buyers' preferred breed. 'Shiny!' animals do not help breed more shiny animals; they must have one of the shiny traits in order to do so.
You can boost the breeding chance by using the farming perk totems on small pens with elder rabbits in them. The master farmer outfit gives a better chance of positive traits from breeding. To keep track of all the breeds you have already collected, you can go to Granny's faithful companion, Sam the sheepdog, or take the breeding log book from the table and check the status at any time.