The Tree Gnome Stronghold, also called Ta Quir Priw in Gnomish, is one of the largest cities in RuneScape, spanning quite a large area, and is populated solely by gnomes. Its most notable features are the Grand Tree, the Gnome Stronghold agility course, and the Gnome Ball field. It is the capital of the Gnome Empire, being the only major settlement of the Gnomes (with the exclusion of Tree Gnome Village), it plays a key role in the empire.
The Tree Gnome Stronghold was added with the Agility skill on the 12 December 2002, and was among the three Agility training areas released at that time.
- The Spirit tree at the crossroads south of the Grand Tree can be accessed from the Tree Gnome Village — it is on the northwest side, near the small obelisk. The north-east Grand Exchange tree is the easiest access to the network, with the South Feldip Hills tree (use a ring of duelling) or the Port Sarim farming patch tree following in convenience. After the Grand Tree this tree can send the player outwards to any other tree in the network, but incoming players must still go through the Tree Gnome Village hub.
- Seed pods from the Gnome Restaurant minigame will instantly summon transport to the Grand Tree. They are consumed after one use.
- Walk in the front gate. The gates can be reached from the following locations:
- The Gnome glider hub is located on the top level of the Grand Tree. Easiest access to this network is through the Al Kharid lodestone, but this network also connects to the fairy ring network and other useful locations.
- There are two Agility shortcuts from nearby areas:
Tree Gnome Stronghold main tree
The swamp north-west of the Grand Tree
- There is a tortoise pen to the northwest and a terrorbird pen to the west. The tortoises drop decently high priced tortoise shells for Summoning, but can hit pretty high and the mounted ones can hit higher. But you can visit swamp for food - don't forget to pull off the frogs' legs first.
- There are two minigames: the Gnome Restaurant service and the Gnome Ball field in the north-west.
The trees of the stronghold
Plains inside the Gnome Stronghold
Three yew trees in the south-east corner of the stronghold
There are three convenient banks in the Stronghold. One is located on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of the Grand Tree, and another is to the south and to the west of the agility course, conveniently near the yew trees, magic trees, and flax.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 8 April 2019 (Update):
- Removed a force walk tile in the Tree Gnome Stronghold.
- ninja 11 June 2018 (Update):
- An agility shortcut to enter the Tree Gnome Stronghold has been added near the Eagle's peak lodestone, requiring 61 Agility.
- patch 20 March 2012 (Update):
- A misaligned tree trunk south of the Tree Gnome Stronghold has been corrected.
- patch 13 March 2012 (Update):
- Routefinding around the swamp north-west of the Gnome Stronghold has been corrected.
- patch 2 November 2010 (Update):
- The Tree Gnome Stronghold's swamp has had a ground tile re-coloured to match the surrounding area.
- patch 3 December 2009 (Update):
- Adjusted an unintended view of the Gnome Stronghold from Baxtorian Falls.
- patch 9 September 2009 (Update):
- Moved a tree that was causing render issues in the Tree Gnome Stronghold.
- patch 21 July 2009 (Update):
- A couple of Fishing spots should now be reachable from the Tree Gnome Stronghold.
- patch 9 June 2009 (Update):
- Removed an odd-looking area of floor in the Tree Gnome Stronghold.
- patch 6 May 2009 (Update):
- Fixed the bridges in the Gnome Stronghold to correctly appear in low detail.
Concept art of the stronghold.
- This area was given a major graphical update on 6 March 2012 along with the Gnome Village.
- Some players experienced a glitch following this graphical update in which the area would get stuck when loading.
- There is a Willow tree near the Yew trees; which is odd, because this is nowhere near water, and Willow trees typically grow near water.
A gnome trapped on a cliff.
- A gnome can be seen trapped on the cliff to the east of the stronghold, next to Baxtorian Falls.
- On March 2012 a small pvp zone existed north of the grand tree. It is only 2 squares north to south but it is undetermined the length east to west. The option to attack was given, the skull icon is in the corner, and it is listed as a multi combat zone. However players could not attack each other. It was fixed in an update a day later.