Tree Gnome Stronghold
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Tree Gnome Stronghold|
|Also called||TGS, (Gnomish): Ta Quir Priw|
|Release date||12 December 2002 (Update)|
|Teleportation||Spirit Tree, Grand seed pod, Gnome glider|
|Points of interest|
|Leader||King Narnode Shareen|
Getting there[edit | edit source]
- The Spirit tree at the crossroads south of the Grand Tree can be accessed from the Tree Gnome Village — it is on the northwest side, near the small obelisk. The north-east Grand Exchange tree is the easiest access to the network, with the South Feldip Hills tree (use a ring of duelling) or the Port Sarim farming patch tree following in convenience. After the Grand Tree this tree can send the player outwards to any other tree in the network, but incoming players must still go through the Tree Gnome Village hub.
- Seed pods from the Gnome Restaurant minigame will instantly summon transport to the Grand Tree. They are consumed after one use.
- Hazelmere's signet ring provides an unlimited free teleport (next to Argento and Hazelmere's statue).
- Walk through the front gate. Note that the first time you enter there is a small dialogue with Femi. The gate can be reached from the following locations:
- The Gnome glider hub is located on the top level of the Grand Tree. Easiest access to this network is through the Al Kharid lodestone, but this network also connects to the fairy ring network and other useful locations.
- There are two Agility shortcuts from nearby areas:
Features[edit | edit source]
General[edit | edit source]
- The Grand Tree is the largest structure within the Stronghold and is located in the north-east. It houses the king, as well as shops and the Gnome glider.
- The Gnome Stronghold agility course is the beginning Agility training course and is in the east of the Stronghold. It also has an advanced route which will give weight-reducing clothing to skilled players.
- There is a swamp to collect king worms and swamp toads for their toad's legs for Herblore and Gnome Restaurant in the north-west. Some players collect swamp toads here, which sell for a decent price.
- There is a tortoise pen to the northwest and a terrorbird pen to the west. The tortoises drop decently high priced tortoise shells for Summoning, but can hit pretty high and the mounted ones can hit higher. But you can visit swamp for food - don't forget to pull off the frogs' legs first.
- There are two minigames: the Gnome Restaurant service and the Gnome Ball field in the north-west.
- The gnome wizard Brimstail in his cave in the south-west can teleport players to the Rune Essence mine. The cave also contains a singing bowl for the small Crystal saw and items for The Eyes of Glouphrie quest.
Skilling[edit | edit source]
- There are a total of seven yew trees and three magic trees for Woodcutting, which combined with the close bank makes it a decent place for training Woodcutting.
- There is a small flax field, as well as spinning wheels for bowstrings and other Crafting needs.
- There is a Fishing area in the south-west, which players can use for fly-fishing and rod fishing.
- There are two Farming patches: a tree patch is watched over by Prissy Scilla and a fruit tree patch is watched over by Bolongo.
- There is a mining location under the tree, accessible only after you have completed The Grand Tree.
Banking[edit | edit source]
There are three convenient banks in the Stronghold. One is located on the 1st floor[UK]2nd floor[US] of the Grand Tree, and another is to the south and to the west of the agility course, conveniently near the yew trees, magic trees, and flax.
Shops[edit | edit source]
Quests[edit | edit source]
Music[edit | edit source]
- Gnomeball (music track)
- Gnome King
- Gnome Village
- Gnome Village2
- Narnode's Theme
- Tree Spirits
- Waterfall (music track)
Monsters[edit | edit source]
Update history[edit | edit source]
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included—see here for how to help out!
- ninja 11 June 2018 (Update):
- An agility shortcut to enter the Tree Gnome Stronghold has been added near the Eagle's peak lodestone, requiring 61 Agility.
- patch 3 August 2015 (Update):
- Several force-walk tiles around the Gnome Stronghold have been removed.
- ninja 7 July 2014 (Update):
- There is now a shortcut on the east and west sides of the Tree Gnome Stronghold.
- patch 3 March 2014 (Update):
- Players will now be able to walk on a few grid squares southwest of the Tree Gnome Stronghold's border without being teleported a few grid square spaces to the south.
- patch 21 January 2014 (Update):
- Issues with the camera experienced when climbing the shortcut in the north-east corner of the Gnome Stronghold have been resolved.
- patch 2 October 2013 (Update):
- Several tiles east of the Tree Gnome Stronghold no longer force players off them.
- patch 11 December 2012 (Update):
- Removed a force-walk tile in the Tree Gnome Stronghold by the swamp.
- patch 26 September 2012 (Update):
- A border has been added to the farming patch in the Tree Gnome Stronghold.
- An unnecessary force walk tile in the Tree Gnome Stronghold has been removed.
- patch 19 September 2012 (Update):
- A yew tree has been returned to a certain training spot in the Tree Gnome Stronghold.
- The border around the Fruit Tree patch in the Tree Gnome Stronghold has been returned.
- patch 20 March 2012 (Update):
- A misaligned tree trunk south of the Tree Gnome Stronghold has been corrected.
- patch 13 March 2012 (Update):
- Routefinding around the swamp north-west of the Gnome Stronghold has been corrected.
- update 6 March 2012 (Update):
- Gnome-related content is given a fresh coat of creosote, with a complete rework of gnome NPC models, chatheads and environments.
- patch 2 November 2010 (Update):
- The Tree Gnome Stronghold's swamp has had a ground tile re-coloured to match the surrounding area.
- patch 3 December 2009 (Update):
- Adjusted an unintended view of the Gnome Stronghold from Baxtorian Falls.
- patch 9 September 2009 (Update):
- Moved a tree that was causing render issues in the Tree Gnome Stronghold.
- patch 21 July 2009 (Update):
- A couple of Fishing spots should now be reachable from the Tree Gnome Stronghold.
- patch 6 May 2009 (Update):
- Fixed the bridges in the Gnome Stronghold to correctly appear in low detail.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This area was given a major graphical update on 6 March 2012 along with the Gnome Village.
- Some players experienced a glitch following this graphical update in which the area would get stuck when loading.
- There is a Willow tree near the Yew trees; which is odd, because this is nowhere near water, and Willow trees typically grow near water.
- A gnome can be seen trapped on the cliff to the east of the stronghold, next to Baxtorian Falls.
- On March 2012 a small pvp zone existed north of the grand tree. It is only 2 squares north to south but it is undetermined the length east to west. The option to attack was given, the skull icon is in the corner, and it is listed as a multi combat zone. However players could not attack each other. It was fixed in an update a day later.
References[edit | edit source]
|Part 2 of the Gnome quest series|
|Part 4 of the Gnome quest series|