The Tree Gnome Stronghold, also called Ta Quir Priw in Gnomish, is one of the largest cities in RuneScape, spanning quite a large area, and is populated solely by gnomes. Its most notable features are the Grand Tree, the Gnome Stronghold agility course, and the Gnome Ball field. It is the capital of the Gnome Empire, being the only major settlement of the Gnomes (with the exclusion of Tree Gnome Village), it plays a key role in the empire.
The Tree Gnome Stronghold was added with the Agility skill on the 12 December 2002, and was among the three Agility training areas released at that time.
Tree Gnome Stronghold main tree
The swamp north-west of the Grand Tree
- There is a tortoise pen to the northwest and a terrorbird pen to the west. The tortoises drop decently high priced tortoise shells for Summoning, but can hit pretty high and the mounted ones can hit higher. But you can visit swamp for food - don't forget to pull off the frogs' legs first.
- There are two minigames: the Gnome Restaurant service and the Gnome Ball field in the north-west.
The trees of the stronghold
There are many ways to get to the Stronghold, and it connects to a number of useful transport networks.
- Walk in the front gate. The gates can be reached from the following locations:
- The Gnome glider hub is located on the top level of the Grand Tree. Easiest access to this network is through the Al Kharid lodestone, but this network also connects to the fairy ring network and other useful locations.
- The Spirit tree at the crossroads south of the Grand Tree can be accessed from the Tree Gnome Village — it is on the northwest side, near the small obelisk. The north-east Grand Exchange tree is the easiest access to the network, with the South Feldip Hills tree (use a ring of duelling) or the Port Sarim farming patch tree following in convenience.
- After the Grand Tree this tree can send the player outwards to any other tree in the network, but incoming players must still go through the Tree Gnome Village hub.
- Players can use the Balloon transport system after completing the quest Enlightened Journey.
- There are two Agility shortcuts from nearby areas:
- Finally, seed pods from Gnome Restaurant minigame will instantly summon transport to the Grand Tree. They are consumed after one use.
Plains inside the Gnome Stronghold
Three yew trees in the south-east corner of the stronghold
There are three convenient banks in the Stronghold. One is located on the 1st floor[UK] of the Grand Tree, and another is to the south and to the west of the agility course, conveniently near the yew trees, magic trees, and flax.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress - not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 8 April 2019 (Update):
- Removed a force walk tile in the Tree Gnome Stronghold.
- patch 6 May 2009 (Update):
- Fixed the bridges in the Gnome Stronghold to correctly appear in low detail.
Concept art of the stronghold.
- This area was given a major graphical update on 6 March 2012 along with the Gnome Village.
- Some players experienced a glitch following this graphical update in which the area would get stuck when loading.
- There is a Willow tree near the Yew trees; which is odd, because this is nowhere near water, and Willow trees typically grow near water.
A gnome trapped on a cliff.
- A gnome can be seen trapped on the cliff to the east of the stronghold, next to Baxtorian Falls.
- On March 2012 a small pvp zone existed north of the grand tree. It is only 2 squares north to south but it is undetermined the length east to west. The option to attack was given, the skull icon is in the corner, and it is listed as a multi combat zone. However players could not attack each other. It was fixed in an update a day later.