The Witch's experiment, referred to as "Fritz" in the diary of Nora T. Hagg, is a shapeshifting monster fought during the Witch's House quest.
It has four forms, each of which must be fought consecutively, and each of which use Melee and have no drops. Its four forms are: a level 16 Chicken, a level 23 Spider, a level 37 Bear, and finally a level 49 Wolf, each of which are purple and green recolours of the respective monsters.
Once you have defeated it, you may retrieve the ball. The experiment appears to have been akin to a pet for her, as she is both angered and sorrowed at its demise.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- update 11 September 2017 (Update):
- The experiment's first form was changed from a Skavid to a Chicken.
- ninja 8 February 2016 (Update):
- Witch's experiments (Witch's House) had their lifepoints and max hit increased slightly.
- While the quest is active, players can take on the Experiment as many times as they wish. They simply have to leave and re-enter the shed and it will re-appear.
- Another option is to grab the ball before the fourth form's death animation is fully complete.
- ^ Diary (Witch's House), RuneScape. "Oh, calamity! Oh, woe! My precious Fritz! He has been murdered by a wretched adventurer. I came out to feed him this morning and heard a noise. When I got to the shed, Fritz was dead. Oh, my poor heart aches. I will have my revenge on the cowardly person who did this. I notice that the ball has gone too. That pesky kid must have gotten someone to get the ball back for him. Well, I'm not beaten yet! I must plan very carefully."