The shadow spider is a level 46 monster. If a player attacks or attempts to attack this monster or the monster targets them, it will drain their Prayer points by half of the current amount, rounded up. Prayer is only drained at the beginning of the fight - apparently 3 times, by attempting to attack, actually attacking, and them targeting the player, as initiating combat with a spider will immediately leave you with only 1/8 of your original prayer points. Prayer is drained even if you only clicked to attack them and have not reached them yet (and this happens every time you attempt to do so; if you click on a spider rapidly at a distance without a Ranged or Magic weapon, your prayer would be drained to 1). They can never take away a player's last prayer point.
Like Jungle spiders, they do not show on the minimap.
|Nothing|1 1 1 1
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 1,044 kills.|
1 item is dropped at a time.
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 18 March 2013 (Update):
- Grotworms, moss giants, banshees, jungle spiders, shadow spiders, spiders, giant spiders, deadly red spiders, ice spiders, scorpions, poison scorpions and pit scorpion will no longer hit for 1 hit point worth of damage.
- Before random events were discontinued, a glitch could occur involving the spiders' prayer draining ability. If you got a random event, and managed to complete it, the spider could continuously drain your Prayer even without it attacking, until it reached 1. The speed of the drain was 3 points per second.
- A year after RuneScape was released, there was a bug where shadow spiders prevented potions from running out.