Ernest is the fiancée of Veronica. While travelling to Falador, they got lost and ended up outside Draynor Manor. Ernest went inside to ask for directions and ended up testing Professor Oddenstein's latest invention, being turned into a chicken. After an hour Veronica begged a passing adventurer to look for Ernest. The machine was damaged by poltergeists, rendering Professor Oddenstein incapable of reverting the results of the experiment. Ernest would later take Professor Oddenstein to court in Ernest v. Professor Oddenstein.
Ernest apparently has a habit of misfortune, which often causes him to delay his wedding. One time, he got trapped in a floor in Daemonheim because he forgot the key was in his pocket. When interrogated during his court case as to why he went to the manor instead of Draynor Village, he stated that he wanted to discover its secrets and that he could easily postpone the wedding if something untoward happened to him.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- Previously, while Ernest was a chicken, he was extremely small, the same size as the Rooster at Falador Farm. This has been fixed.
- ^ Ernest, "Ernest v. Professor Oddenstein", RuneScape. "Veronica and I were on our way to Falador to get married. We got lost near Draynor Manor, so I said I'd nip in to get directions."
- ^ Veronica, "Ernest the Chicken", RuneScape. "Can you please help me? I'm in a terrible spot of trouble. My fiancé, Ernest, and I came upon this house. Seeing as we were a little lost, Ernest decided to go in and ask for directions. That was an hour ago...and that house looks spooky. Can you go and see if you can find him for me?"
- ^ Professor Oddenstein, "Ernest the Chicken", RuneScape. "Oh, he isn't normally a chicken, or, at least, he wasn't until he helped me test my pouletmorph machine. It was originally going to be called a transmutation machine, but after testing it, pouletmorph seems more appropriate."
- ^ Veronica, "Ernest v. Professor Oddenstein", RuneScape. "Yeah. Ernest and I have the worst luck. Just recently, he got trapped in Daemonheim, but it turned out the door key was in his pocket the whole time."