Spiders are found all over RuneScape, but most notably in the third floor of the Stronghold of Security, where they can be found at combat level 15 and in large numbers. Level 15 spiders are aggressive and can hit up to 44 life points. Like rats, spiders usually do not appear on the minimap. It should be noted that they can drop charms.
|Nothing|1 1 1 1
|Represents a 90% confidence range based on a sample of 1,937 kills.|
1 item is dropped at a time.
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 12 May 2014 (Update):
- Spiders have been graphically updated across the game.
- patch 18 March 2013 (Update):
- Grotworms, moss giants, banshees, jungle spiders, shadow spiders, spiders, giant spiders, deadly red spiders, ice spiders, scorpions, poison scorpions and pit scorpion will no longer hit for 1 hit point worth of damage.
- patch 21 July 2009 (Update):
- Moved several spiders that were previously spawning in blocked areas of the map.
- According to the 2009 Hallowe'en event, spiders come from the Spider Realm, a different realm to RuneScape.
- The spider at Ape Atoll Temple respawns every 2 seconds.
- Despite the fact that Jagex said to have updated all spiders across the game, only the spiders in Taverley Dungeon are currently updated with a new look.
- A non-interactive spider may appear in the choosing route section of Temple Trekking.