Professor Oddenstein is an eccentric scientist residing on the top floor of Draynor Manor. He works as an inventor, though his inventions aren't always successful and can often have their purpose change. He has a habit of human experimentation, such as when he tested a transmutation machine on Ernest, a lost traveller, turning him into a chicken. He is only a tenant of the house, which actually belongs to Count Draynor, though that doesn't stop him inviting people to stay or converting parts of the manor to his needs. In turn however, the undead residents often prove troubling for him. He has an assistant, Ava, though she considers him less than stable. He also has a younger brother, Doctor Oddenstein.
Despite his previous failures with the likes of time travel and transmutation, he has been successful in creating security systems, installing systems for Nora T. Hagg and Zemouregal. He has also been able to open an interdimensional rift to the killerwatt plane.
He was later taken to court by Ernest over the human experimentation, in the case Ernest v. Professor Oddenstein, though he argued his actions were in the name of scientific understanding.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 13 May 2010 (Update):
- Professor Oddenstein's moustache no longer stretches on the left side.
- update 21 January 2001 (Update):
- Added to game.
- Professor Oddenstein who lives in the attic of Draynor Manor has accidently turned someone into a chicken! To make things worse gremlins have hidden the parts of his machine, so he can't turn the chicken back.
- ^ a b Ava, "Animal Magnetism", RuneScape. "I'm not a nice girl. I'm a respectable scientist researching the interactions between ghosts and the force of pure science. I took over the position of assistant the the Professor upstairs, although, to be honest, his methods are somewhat eccentric. Did you hear about the Ernest scandal?"
- ^ Professor Oddenstein, "Ernest the Chicken", RuneScape. "Nothing at the moment...it's broken. It's meant to be a transmutation machine. It has also spent time as a time travel machine, a dramatic lightning generator, and a thing for generating monsters."
- ^ Professor Oddenstein, "Ernest the Chicken", RuneScape. "Oh, he isn't normally a chicken, or, at least, he wasn't until he helped me test my pouletmorph machine. It was originally going to be called a transmutation machine, but after testing it, pouletmorph seems more appropriate."
- ^ Professor Oddenstein, RuneScape. "No, I'm just one of the tenants. It belongs to the count who lives in the basement."
- ^ Ava, "Animal Magnetism", RuneScape. "Hello there and welcome to my humble abode. Its sadly more humble than I'd like, to be honest, although perhaps you can help with that?"
- ^ Professor Oddenstein, "Ernest the Chicken", RuneScape. "Well, I wouldn't be surprised if you found something in my IQ-testing room under the manor where I test my...creations. Oh, and if I were you, I'd stay away from the coffin in the basement. Even the poltergeists daren't go near it."
- ^ Professor Oddenstein, "Ernest the Chicken", RuneScape. "Umm... It's not so easy... My machine is broken, and this house has long been pestered by poltergeists. They seem to reap joy from hiding my belongings and, in this case, the vital parts to my machine."
- ^ Diary, written by Nora T. Hagg, page 3-4, "Witch's House", RuneScape. "A guy called Professor Oddenstein installed a new security system for me in the basement. He seems to have a lot of good security ideas.[...]Don't want people getting into back garden to see the experiment. Professor Oddenstein is fitting me a new security system after his successful installation in the cellar."