An undead chicken is a bagged zombified chicken who can be bought from the ghostly farmer at the farm west of the ectofuntus for 10 ecto-tokens during and after Animal Magnetism. It is widely considered a 'fun' weapon, and shares its stats with a range of other such weapons.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 17 June 2013 (Update):
- The following items are now allowed in a dragon keepsake key: Dungeoneering reward weapons, hexhunter bows, Squeal of Fortune super-rare weapons, starfire/starfury weapons, the christmas wand, magic butterfly nets, ankhs, sacred clay reward weapons, the giant hand, Runefest banners, and undead chickens.
- patch 9 September 2008 (Update):
- Undead chickens wielded by players during the Animal Magnetism quest no longer appeared some distance from their actual hand.
- The wielding animation of the undead chicken was updated in June 2009 to be a smoother version of the "idle" animation before the huge graphical overhaul. However, for a long time after the release of RuneScape HD, the graphical animations of a player while wielding an undead chicken were not updated along with the rest of the wieldable weapons.
- Both the old and new animations for the undead chicken made players turn their head to the right every so often.
- As of the Evolution of Combat, the undead chicken is one of several weapons which will cause the player character to have the old idle and running animations when equipped. While in Legacy Combat mode, the player will have the old idle animations, however, not while using EoC.