Assault is a channelled threshold Strength ability. When activated the player will proceed to hit their target four times, hitting one hit every 1.2 second with each hit capable of 43.8-219% weapon damage.
Assault takes 5.4 seconds (or 9 ticks) to fully execute.
Assault can be cancelled between hits, shortening Assault's duration by 1.3 seconds (2.25 ticks) but retaining the final hit despite being cancelled out. This is most commonly done on the third and fourth hits.
When dual-wield cancelling Assault, as long as the hit appears, an ability may be used between the two hits.
When using a two-handed weapon to cancel Assault, the ability needs to be performed just as the player lifts their weapon from the "slam" (roughly a tick after the third hit); otherwise, the fourth hit does not appear, leaving the player with only three hits of Assault.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 13 July 2020 (Update):
- 'Destroy' and 'Assault' Strength skills now use their correct animations while following up the 'Greater Barge' Attack skill.
- ninja 25 September 2017 (Update):
- The Assault ability description within the Powers interface has been updated to improve clarity.
- patch 24 August 2015 (Update):
- The animation for assault is now synchronised to the players movement.
- patch 9 March 2015 (Update):
- Tooltips for the abilities 'Assault' and 'Fury' have been corrected.
- patch 9 April 2013 (Update):
- An issue with Assault that allowed extra damage to be applied to the enemy has been fixed.
- Assault has two different animations; the one seen above uses only the player's mainhand weapon, even when dual-wielding, along with one for 2-handed weapons.