||13 August 2018 (Update)
||5.4 seconds (9 ticks)
|Strike at the target with rage.
- 31%-157% ability damage.
- Gain 10% increased critical strike chance on next ability.
- Gain 100% critical strike chance on your next ability if Greater Fury critical strikes.
|Infobox • Talk page
Greater Fury is an upgraded version of the Fury basic ability. Like the regular Fury, it requires 24 Strength to use. It is unlocked by reading a Greater Fury ability codex, which is obtained from the Dragonkin Laboratory. If a player who has unlocked Greater Fury enters a non-members' world, it will temporarily return to Fury, since Greater Fury is a members' only ability.
Unlike the standard Fury, Greater Fury is not a channelled ability - it deals a single hit for up to 157% ability damage instead of three smaller hits; this is similar to cancelling Fury after the global cooldown after it has dealt two hits, which also deals up to 157% ability damage within the same time frame of one global cooldown.
Critical hit chance boosts[edit | edit source]
Additionally, Greater Fury increases the player's critical hit chance of their next non-bleed ability by 10%, again similar to cancelling Fury after two hits. If Greater Fury itself is a critical hit, the next non-bleed ability the player uses that hits in the next 30 seconds, including Magic and Ranged abilities, has a 100% chance to be a critical hit, denoted by the icon. If the next ability used is a combo attack, only the first hit of the combo ability will receive the critical hit chance boost from Greater Fury.
When using area-of-effect abilities, Greater Fury's guaranteed critical hit can apply to any other target struck by it, even if they are not the main target.
Auto-attacks and bleed abilities[edit | edit source]
If an auto-attack is used after a critical hit from Greater Fury, the guaranteed critical hit will not be used on the auto-attack. Instead, the auto-attack is affected by the normal effect of Greater Fury (i.e. +10% critical hit chance), and the guaranteed effect will be applied toward the next ability used after the auto-attack.
Bleed abilities are not affected by the guaranteed effect of Greater Fury. If a bleed ability is used following a critical hit from Greater Fury, the guaranteed critical hit buff is not consumed.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 31 October 2022 (Update):
- The guaranteed critical hit effect from Greater Fury is no longer consumed by bleed ability damage.
- patch 9 August 2021 (Update):
- The Greater Fury ability will now work in PvP encounters.
- After the Greater Fury ability crits, players will now be granted a 30 second buff that grants 100% crit chance on the next ability used.
- patch 9 September 2019 (Update):
- Corrected various references to mutated barge, flurry, fury and dazing shot to greater barge, flurry, fury and dazing shot.
- patch 2 September 2019 (Update):
- Mutated abilities have been renamed to greater abilities, in line with new lesser abilities