||2 May 2017 (Update)
||0 or 8%
|Leap towards your specified location, spinning your blades around you as you land. Dealing 125% weapon damage to all enemies adjacent to or on-top of your specified tile. If any hit enemies die within 6 seconds of you hitting them, the cooldown of bladed dive gets reset.
Revolution will not trigger this ability.
|Infobox • Talk page
Bladed Dive is a basic Attack ability that can be bought from the Shattered Worlds reward shop for 63,000,000 shattered anima. It has a base ability damage of 25%-125%. This is the same base damage as Barge, another movement-based melee ability. Like Surge, Bladed Dive has a range of 10 game squares, but can be used to travel at any angle, not just along straight lines and diagonals. Bladed Dive does not share a cooldown with any other ability if used outside of the Wilderness or other PvP enabled areas but shares cooldowns with Surge and Escape if used inside of them except Supply run. As with Barge, Surge, and Escape, this ability is affected by the Mobile perk, bringing the cooldown and possible adrenaline gain down to 10 seconds and 0% respectively.
The ability will cause the player to leap towards the specified location, spinning the player's blades around them as they land, dealing damage to all nearby enemies. Choosing an attackable target instead of an empty tile will result in leaping next to the target, rather than on the same tile as the target.
Bladed Dive may be used outside of the global cooldown; however, it will not deal any damage and no adrenaline will be gained. This is likely for balance reasons so that players do not get "free" adrenaline and damage every 20 seconds, or every time Bladed Dive is reset. For the same reason, using Bladed Dive in this manner will not trigger Impatient.
Despite its low damage, Bladed Dive deals area of effect (AoE) damage within a 1 tile radius. In terms of overall damage however, two-handed melee abilities are still capable of significantly more damage against multiple targets. Therefore, the most likely uses of this ability are purely mobility-related, or to replace Slice in single-target situations, or to be used in-between two abilities as a result of being usable at nearly any time.
Landing next to a non-attackable NPC produces the error message: "You cannot attack that NPC." A feature (such as a Portable deposit box) will give the standard "Nothing interesting happens" message, even if the feature can normally be walked through. The ability cannot be used to pass solid objects; doing so produces the message: "You can't dive through something you can't walk through!"
All hatchets and pickaxes, as well as the (enhanced) Yaktwee stick, are all considered to be melee weapons. Thus, it is possible to equip one with an augmented off-hand melee weapon with the Mobile perk, thereby freeing up armour slots for skilling outfits. This will also reduce the cooldown of Surge and Bladed Dive. Further, because of the aforementioned cooldown reduction, these two abilities can be used near-seamlessly in tandem with each other to maximise speed while moving between skilling nodes, including reaching the Mage of Zamorak while crafting runes through the Abyss. It is also used in conjunction with mobile and barge to quickly reach the pillars when fighting Nex: Angel of Death.
The update history project
is a work-in-progress - not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here
for how to help out!
- patch 28 January 2019 (Update):
- An issue has been resolved where Bladed Dive was stopping other gameworld interactions on the same action bar from showing minimenu options.
- patch 21 January 2019 (Update):
- The Bladed dive ability will no longer change the direction the player is facing shortly after using it.
- Bladed dive will now award adrenaline when being used to enter combat.
- Bladed Dive will no longer allow you to click on another player when activating it outside PvP.
- patch 29 October 2018 (Update):
- Free to play players can no longer use Bladed Dive.
- patch 26 June 2017 (Update):
- Bladed Dive no longer deals damage while used during global cooldown.
- Adrenaline is now cleared when switching PvP target by using Bladed Dive while on global cooldown.
- patch 22 May 2017 (Update):
- Bladed Dive can no longer be used while bound by various boss attacks.
- patch 8 May 2017 (Update):
- Bladed Dive can now be used for movement from the quinary action bar.
- update 2 May 2017 (Update):
- Bladed Dive is released along with Shattered Worlds.