||2 May 2017 (Update)
||0 or 8%
||20.4 seconds (34 ticks)
|Dash forward striking the enemies around you.
- 25%-125% ability damage.
- Instantly move to selected tile.
- Cooldown is reset if any enemies it hit die within 6s.
- Damages up to 9 targets adjacent to destination.
- Revolution mode will not trigger this ability.
- Max 10 tile range.
|Infobox • Talk page
Bladed Dive is a basic Attack ability that requires 65 Attack and dual-wielded melee weapons to use. It is unlocked from the Shattered Worlds reward shop for 63,000,000 shattered anima.
Unlike other abilities, Bladed Dive is not activated as soon as its keybind is pressed. Instead, pressing its keybind or clicking its icon from the ability book or action bar causes the mouse cursor to be replaced by the Bladed Dive icon. When the player then clicks on a game square, the ability causes the player to leap towards the specified location, dealing 25%-125% ability damage to enemies within a 3x3 area of the selected tile as long as there are no obstacles between the player and the chosen tile. Choosing an attackable target instead of an empty tile instead results in the player landing next to the target rather than on the same tile as the target. Pressing the escape key before selecting a location cancels Bladed Dive.
If the player's Attack level is below level 65 when the player meets the equipment requirements to use Bladed Dive, it will not turn into its inferior version, Dive. Instead, it will tell the player they lack the Attack level to use Bladed Dive. Dive shares the same cooldown as Bladed Dive.
Bladed Dive may be used outside of the global cooldown. If used this way, it deals no damage and generates no adrenaline. Using Bladed Dive in this manner does not trigger Impatient. If any target dies within 6 seconds after Bladed Dive damaging them, the ability's cooldown is reset, immediately allowing Bladed Dive to be used again.
As with Barge, Surge, and Escape, this ability is affected by the Mobile perk and Shadow's Grace relic, bringing the cooldown and possible adrenaline gain down to 10 seconds and 0% respectively.
It has the same base damage as Barge, another movement-based melee ability. Like Surge, Bladed Dive has a range of 10 game squares, but can be used to travel at any angle, not just along straight lines and diagonals. Bladed Dive shares its cooldown with its lesser counterpart, Dive. It also shares cooldowns with Surge and Escape if used in the Wilderness or other PvP enabled areas, with the exception of Supply runs.
Wearing Laceration boots allows Bladed Dive to be used with any mainhand melee weapon. This means that Bladed Dive can be used with a shield equipped, as well as with a halberd, which increases the area of effect of Bladed Dive to a 5x5 AoE.
All pickaxes, hatchets (excluding non-combat versions of augmented hatchets), and mattocks, as well as the (enhanced) Yaktwee stick, are all considered to be melee weapons. Therefore, it is possible to equip one with an augmented off-hand melee weapon with the Mobile perk, freeing up armour slots for skilling outfits. This also reduces the cooldown of Surge and Bladed Dive. Furthermore, because of the aforementioned cooldown reduction, these two abilities can be used near-seamlessly in tandem with each other to maximise speed while moving between skilling nodes.
Many skilling items that can be equipped also count as melee weapons solely for the use of Bladed Dive even when they aren't classified as melee weapons normally. Two-handed tools such as the crystal chime and sculpting chisels require laceration boots since no off-hand weapon or tool can be equipped.
The full list of skilling items not classified as melee weapons which permit the use of Bladed Dive include:
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 31 October 2022 (Update):
- Bladed Dive can now be used when your current attack stat is at level 65 or above (including when you are using booster items to increase your attack level).
- ninja 18 July 2022 (Update):
- Bladed Dive can now be used with the following items, when wielded with laceration boots or an appropriate off-hand item:
- Augmented tools: crystal hammer, crystal hatchet, crystal pickaxe, crystal tinderbox, dragon hatchet, dragon pickaxe, Imcando pickaxe and inferno adze.
- Crystal tools: chime, chisel, hammer, hatchet, knife, pickaxe, saw and tinderbox.
- Hammer-tron, Pyro-matic and the uncharged fishing rod-o-matic.
- Enhanced tools: fishing rod-o-matic, hammer-tron and pyro-matic.
- Sculpting chisels: Bandos, Guthix, Saradomin, Seren and Zamorak.
- Catalyst fragments (combined, farmer's, hunter's and runecrafter's) from Sliske's Endgame now count as an off-hand item for Bladed Dive, similar to other skilling off-hands.
- Fixed a bug that prevented green text about laceration boots from appearing in the Bladed Dive tooltip when the ability's wield requirements are met.
- Clarified the requirements tooltip for the '2x' icon when Bladed Dive is dragged to the centre of the Powers parent interface.
- patch 14 March 2022 (Update):
- The Surge, Escape and Bladed Dive abilities will no longer cause you to enter combat stance.
- Using these abilities while in combat stance will still maintain it.
- Using these abilities while adrenaline is draining will still cause you to enter combat stance.
- patch 7 June 2021 (Update):
- Elves in the Arandar Passage now take damage from the Bladed Dive, and also respond with an attack.
- patch 27 January 2020 (Update):
- Using Bladed dive on an NPC no longer changes their name to "Tap to Find a Target" or change their combat level to N/A.
- patch 28 January 2019 (Update):
- An issue has been resolved where Bladed Dive was stopping other gameworld interactions on the same action bar from showing minimenu options.
- patch 21 January 2019 (Update):
- The Bladed Dive ability will no longer change the direction the player is facing shortly after using it.
- Bladed Dive will now award adrenaline when being used to enter combat.
- Bladed Dive will no longer allow you to click on another player when activating it outside PvP.
- patch 29 October 2018 (Update):
- Free to play players can no longer use Bladed Dive.
- patch 16 July 2018 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to use Bladed Dive when transmogrified into certain NPCs.
- patch 9 July 2018 (Update):
- Bladed Dive can no longer be used whilst in the Castle Wars waiting area, to prevent people diving as a sheep.
- patch 14 May 2018 (Update):
- Resolved an issue that would allow the use of bladed dive without meeting the level required.
- patch 8 May 2018 (Update):
- It is no longer possible to use bladed dive when transmogrified into certain NPcs.
- patch 26 June 2017 (Update):
- Bladed Dive no longer deals damage while used during global cooldown.
- Adrenaline is now cleared when switching PvP target by using Bladed Dive while on global cooldown.
- patch 22 May 2017 (Update):
- Bladed Dive can no longer be used while bound by various boss attacks.
- patch 8 May 2017 (Update):
- Bladed Dive can now be used for movement from the quinary action bar.
- update 2 May 2017 (Update):
- Bladed Dive is released along with Shattered Worlds.
- Landing next to a non-attackable NPC produces the error message: "You cannot attack that NPC." A feature (such as a Portable deposit box) will give the standard "Nothing interesting happens" message, even if the feature can normally be walked through. The ability cannot be used to pass solid objects; doing so produces the message: "You can't dive through something you can't walk through!"