||20 November 2012 (Update)
||60 seconds (100 ticks)
|Rend your target, dealing up to 188% of both weapons damage instantly and causing an additional 313% of weapon damage over 6 seconds.
|Infobox • Talk page
Massacre is an ultimate Attack ability found in the Ability Book. It requires level 66 Attack and for the player to be dual wielding weapons. It has a cooldown of 60 seconds. When activated, the player deals 37.6-188% of ability damage to their target and causes the target to take additional damage over 6 seconds, dealing 5 hits of 62.66% ability damage (313.33% ability damage total).
Unlike most abilities, the bleed damage caused has no damage range - it is always 62.66%, regardless of what the first hit is. This makes the overall damage range of the ability 350.93-501.33%, average 426.13%. The bleed is not affected by most damage-boosting effects (see Dismember for list); the first hit is, though.
The ranged equivalent of this ability is Deadshot; however, Deadshot does not require the player to dual wield weapons and is unlocked at a much lower level, and additionally only has 30 seconds cooldown instead of 60 seconds.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 21 March 2016 (Update):
- Massacre and Unload now correctly show as members-only abilities in their respective skill guides.
- patch 4 March 2013 (Update):
- The old Massacre animation has been 'massacred' and given a new beastly animation.
- The ability's name and Attack level requirement - 66 - may be references to the Falador Massacre, which occurred in some locations on 6 June, a date that can be written as 6/6.