Patch Notes (25 September 2017)
These Patch Notes were announced on 25 September 2017.
The following fixes and tweaks have now been implemented. If you believe a change has not been documented, either in the patch notes or the news posts for this week’s update, please detail the change so that it may be added.
As always, be sure to submit a bug report should you encounter a gameplay bug or graphical glitch in-game.
- The green skill chip in the Runefest in-game event has been corrected to be red.
Skills, D&Ds & Minigames
- A Divine-o-Matic vacuum with no charge no longer prevents players from receiving divine memories.
- The Divine-o-Matic now absorbs enriched memories produced by enriched springs.
- It is now possible to teleport to Zanaris directly from a portable fairy ring. This uses up a charge as usual.
- Portable fairy rings now consume a charge when entering an incorrect code that teleports within Zanaris.
- The Invention guild bank chest area can now fulfil formerly bank-only functions, such as healing and keepsaking.
- Players can now activate a portable fairy ring or spirit tree re-rooter if it's the last one in their stack and their backpack is otherwise full.
- Various Invention batch 2-related typos have been fixed.
- The Nature Sentinel outfit no longer uses Bonus XP modifiers on non-members' worlds.
- Players can now enter the Clan Wars area with a legendary pet (but still cannot enter any of the portals).
- The promotion information section of Treasure Hunter now displays the cash-out value of the whole stack of items, instead of individually.
- Filling wax buckets when your backpack is full no longer drops them to the ground.
- Players must now be wielding a relevant augmented item at a Citadel skill plot to receive item XP.
- Various items that would formerly drop to the floor when crafting them with the Make-X system will no longer do so.
Quests, Challenges and Achievements
- The 'ladder' in the Witch's House is now correctly referred to as 'stairs'.
- Players are no longer able to 'Whack' others in the Wilderness with fun-styled weapons, to prevent people being tricked into skulling.
- PvP damage reduction no longer applies to the cosmetic versions of Vanguard, Battle Mage and Trickster gear.
- The Exiled Kalphite Queen will no longer spawn multiple times inside a boss instance if the final hit is dealt by the Dark Magic aura.
- Players are now able to change outfits correctly after reopening the Wardrobe interface after closing it with the recolour palette open.
- Non-Ironman accounts can no longer search and use the 'I am an Ironman btw' and 'I am a Hardcore Ironman btw' Quick Chat messages.
- Abilities and spells now correctly light up when they are available on the ability bar.
Last Week's Hotfixes
- 18/09, 13:40 UTC: The Invention Guild instancing system, was deactivated, as the guild was not appearing correctly when instanced.
- 18/09, 14:00 UTC: The Biting perk was deactivated, as it was triggering too often.
- 18/09, 14:00 UTC: The potion drinking delay was restored.
- 18/09, 15:15 UTC: [Coldfix] Ring of slaying (8) can be noted once again.
- 18/09, 15:15 UTC: [Coldfix] The Invention Guild's instancing mechanic was fixed and re-enabled.
- 18/09, 15:20 UTC: The activation rate of the Biting perk was corrected, and the perk reactivated.
- 18/09, 16:00 UTC: Ironmen no longer benefit from the Invention Early Bird Bonus.
- 18/09, 16:00 UTC: The checks behind creating a tier 2 machine to ensure the tier 1 is already built were tightened.
- 18/09, 16:00 UTC: Compacted combat bracelets no longer revert to a non-compacted variant when using the Cadarn well.
- 18/09, 17:00 UTC: An issue with the Devotion perk was fixed.
- 18/09, 17:00 UTC: A message about having no charge now only appears if a player has unlocked Invention.
- 19/09, 10:30 UTC: An issue with the 'withdraw products' option on a machine was fixed.
- 19/09, 14:40 UTC: The Ring of Slaying and Games Necklace right-click options now all work consistently.
- 19/09, 16:00 UTC: An issue where machines were not running correctly was fixed.
- 21/09, 12:40 UTC: Several checks for machine charge usage were fixed.
- 22/09, 10:20 UTC: Machine batch disassembly now does multiple batches per machine tick.
- Carrying cursed energy or memories will now prevent players from teleporting, and will now ignore the Wilderness level restrictions to allow anyone to attack them.
- A new dropdown menu has replaced the checkbox in the interface options for the Slayer Counter. Players can now choose the direction in which the slayer counter will expand when the skull icon is clicked, and players using Legacy interface mode can now turn the interface on and off.
- The Bank PIN interface to be more in line with the visual style of other interfaces.
- An additional clay rock has been added to the Menaphos dig site to help with Menaphos pottery oven runs.
- The total amount of currency held in the currency pouch, such as rare tokens, will now be displayed in the chat box when that currency is added to the pouch.
- The Quake, Decimate and Assault ability descriptions within the Powers interface and the Augmented Vine Whip's special attack description have been updated to improve their clarity.
- The message given when opening prawn balls is now filtered under the Game Messages option in the chat window. Players will still be notified of golden crackers and golden eggs.
- The Twitch button has been removed from the Ribbon.