|Release date||13 August 2018 (Update)|
|Cooldown||20.4 seconds (34 ticks)|
|Run up and ram the target.
|Please add an animation!|
|Infobox • Talk page|
Usage[edit | edit source]
Like the standard Barge, Greater Barge causes the player to charge to their target, breaking free of binds, binding the target for 6.6 seconds, and dealing 25%-125% weapon damage. Additionally, for each tick (0.6 seconds) since the player has stopped attacking their target, Greater Barge gains +10% ability damage, capping at 10 ticks (6 seconds) for +100% more damage for a maximum of 225% ability damage.
If this period of time has been at least 4.8 seconds (8 ticks), indicated by the buff icon File:Greater Barge 1 (self status).png, Greater Barge gains another effect: using it as the next ability grants the player a buff, causing the first melee combo ability (Fury, Assault, Flurry, Greater Flurry, Destroy, or Frenzy) used within 6 seconds (10 ticks) of casting Greater Barge, indicated by the buff bar icon File:Greater Barge 2 (self status).png, to deal its damage as damage over time as opposed to being a channelled ability.
Note: The ability's tooltip is partially incorrect - it states that the player has to be in combat with a target and wait for the buff icon for the secondary effect to activate, but it may be used as an initial attack and the secondary effect will still activate.
This means that another ability can be used once this effect is consumed without cancelling out the channelled ability used to consume the Greater Barge effect. Unlike standard damage over time abilities like Dismember and Slaughter, in which the first hit must hit or the remaining hits fail, a channelled ability under Greater Barge's unique effect is considered standard damage. This means that all four hits will roll against the monster's defensive values to check if they will hit or not. Critical hits and damage boosting effects will also increase the damage dealt from these hits.
When using Destroy with Greater Barge's effect, only the first hit will stun - the remaining three hits are converted into standard attacks. When using Flurry or its stronger variant, the first hit is dealt as AoE, while the remaining three hits are converted into standard attacks against the player's current target.
In bossing or high-level monster situations, Greater Barge works best with Berserk, an adrenaline potion, Limitless and Assault. The player can then follow-up with either Destroy to stun the target (if applicable), or Greater Flurry to decrease the cooldown of Berserk. This maximises as much damage as possible while taking slightly less time to deal massive damage.
Unlike normal bleeds, unequipping or changing the weapon during the damage-over-time effect will alter the damage due to the nature of this ability rolling each hit. This is useful to know for monsters with damage-reflect abilities. For example, if accidentally barge-bleeding an ability during Araxxor's web shield, one can simply unequip their weapon to reduce reflect damage.
Usage with Ability Queuing Enabled[edit | edit source]
If the player queues Greater Barge and then clicks their target to engage, the secondary effect will not activate. Furthermore, the damage range of the ability will be 25%-125%.
The player must click their target and then manually activate Greater Barge for the secondary effect to activate.
Analysis[edit | edit source]
Despite the tooltip's description, Greater Barge's damage is based on the time since the player has moved off their target (either by moving away, or by using Surge, Escape, or Bladed Dive). Provided the target is clicked first, if Greater Barge is used as the opening ability (while initially starting fallen out of combat) to engage in combat on a target it acts as an instant 45%-225% damage ability and the second buff icon will appear. If the player chooses to move off of their target immediately after an ability and allows one global cooldown of time to pass (3 ticks), Greater Barge acts as a 31%-155%.
|Ticks off target [m 1]||Minimum||Maximum|
Hit timings[edit | edit source]
Greater Barge hits 1 tick after it was activated.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
- Unlocking Expertise ( 75) – Unlock the listed abilities.
Update history[edit | edit source]
- patch 8 February 2021 (Update):
- The first hit of the 'Destroy' ability will no longer be delayed after converting it to a damage-over-time (such as by using the 'Mutated Barge' ability).
- patch 1 September 2020 (Update):
- patch 9 September 2019 (Update):
- Corrected various references to Mutated Barge, Flurry, Fury, and Dazing Shot to Greater Barge, Flurry, Fury, and Dazing Shot.
- patch 2 September 2019 (Update):
- Mutated abilities have been renamed to greater abilities, in line with new lesser abilities.
- patch 1 October 2018 (Update):
- Damage from Mutated Barge's DoT proc will no longer persist after a finished duel.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unlike most abilities, when using "Setup Action bar" to automatically fill the action bar with abilities, it is possible for Greater Barge to be listed twice for no benefit.
- The animation for the combo ability also changes to the one used by Slaughter, except in the case of the Destroy ability, which is changed to the player attacking only one time with its animation.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- ^ If already engaged in combat, Greater Barge effectively becomes a minimum of a 27%-135% damage ability in normal use, where the only ways to achieve 25%-125% would be through ability stalling, style switching from a Magic auto attack into Greater Barge on the same tick, or engaging with the target with an already ability queued Greater Barge.