Slice is a basic Attack ability, requiring no Attack level to use.
When activated, the player deals deals 30%-120% weapon damage. If the target is stunned or bound, Slice instead deals 80%-146% weapon damage.
The stun from Backhand or Kick is too short for Slice to deal its boosted damage, as the stun only lasts for 1.2 seconds and abilities may only be activated every 1.8 seconds. Forceful Backhand or Stomp gives enough time for the user to use Slice once for its boosted damage. The bind from Barge last for 6.6 seconds, which is enough for two Slices and one Punish or two Punishes and one Slice.
The Energising perk causes Slice to deal reduced damage, and in return, generate an additional 0.6% adrenaline per rank.
Slice hits the tick after it was activated.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- patch 12 August 2019 (Update):
- Updated the Slice ability description to let players know it works on stunned or bound opponents.
- patch 14 December 2015 (Update):
- Slice will now deal up to 146% weapon damage against stunned opponents.
- Slice used to deal 125% weapon damage and have a flat 10% greater chance of landing a critical hit. With the release of Legacy Mode its damage was lowered and the increased critical hit chance was removed. It used to be considered the equivalent of Wrack and Piercing Shot, but now Punish takes that role.
- Slice was named Strike in Jagex's test servers for the Evolution of Combat.