Frenzy is an ultimate Strength ability. The player attacks their target 4 times, each hit dealing up to 80-180% ability damage on the first hit with subsequent hits increasing by 10% minimum ability damage (additively) and 20% maximum ability damage (additively). This ability lasts 4.2 seconds and is channelled.
The ranged equivalent of this ability is Unload.
Massacre is the other ultimate ability of dual-wielding.
- Much higher damage output
- Frenzy is a combo attack, so it does not work if the opponent moves away from you
- Frenzy is a channelled attack, and does not allow the use of further abilities until it has completed, unlike Massacre which applies a bleed and therefore allows continued use of abilities.
- Always stun your opponent before using Frenzy.
- Use Anticipation before using this ability to avoid getting stunned while hitting your target
- Use Slaughter, lure your target, drink an adrenaline potion and then use Frenzy. This will deal a large amount of damage.
- Using Escape might be the best way to dodge Frenzy as it takes a long time for your opponent to catch up to you.
- Reflect could both halve the damage you receive and severely damage your opponent, leaving them in a dangerous state.
The update history project is a work-in-progress – not all updates to this topic may be covered below. See here for how to help out!
- Before the Frenzy ability was modified, Frenzy did not do damage equal to 20% against bosses. Instead, there was a damage cap of 1,250 for every successful hit. This was removed in a later combat update.