Frenzy is an ultimate Strength ability. The player attacks their target 4 times, each hit dealing up to 80-180% ability damage on the first hit with subsequent hits increasing by 10% minimum ability damage (additively) and 20% maximum ability damage (additively). This ability lasts 4.2 seconds and is channelled.
Frenzy is one of the four abilities affected by the Ultimatums perk, reducing its Adrenaline cost by 5% per rank to a maximum of a 20% reduction.
This ability has the same damage as the Ranged ability Unload, except that Frenzy will continue dealing damage if the target moves but remains within melee distance, whereas Unload will stop dealing damage if the target is not on same square as they were when the ability started.
Massacre is the other ultimate ability of dual-wielding.
- Much higher damage output
- Frenzy is a combo attack, so it does not work if the opponent moves away from you
- Frenzy is a channelled attack, and does not allow the use of further abilities until it has completed, unlike Massacre which applies a bleed and therefore allows continued use of abilities.
- Always stun your opponent before using Frenzy.
- Use Anticipation before using this ability to avoid getting stunned while hitting your target
- Use Slaughter, lure your target, drink an adrenaline potion and then use Frenzy. This will deal a large amount of damage.
- Using Escape might be the best way to dodge Frenzy as it takes a long time for your opponent to catch up to you.
- Reflect could both halve the damage you receive and severely damage your opponent, leaving them in a dangerous state.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- Before the Frenzy ability was modified, Frenzy did not do damage equal to 20% against bosses. Instead, there was a damage cap of 1,250 for every successful hit. This was removed in a later combat update.