The Zamorakian footsoldier was a melee-based monster fighting on the side of Zamorak in the Battle of Lumbridge. They dropped Divine tears. They could only be attacked by players who had sided with Saradomin. Before being attacked by a player, they had 10,000 life points, but after being attacked, their life points and stats lowered, with the extent they were lowered varying depending on the combat level of the one who attacked them, to a minimum of 128. They were capable of using abilities, however, and were dangerous in that regard. When attacked by a player, the first thing these monsters usually did was use Backhand to stun their attacker once they got in melee distance. This could be prevented by either stunning them beforehand, or using Anticipation to prevent the effects from occurring. They could also use Freedom to cleanse themselves of damage over time effects.
Their more dangerous attacks included Slaughter as well as the ultimate abilities Berserk, Overpower and Meteor Strike. They were also capable of disabling protection prayers with Smash.
Unlike most monsters including some other units in the Battle of Lumbridge, they moved at running speed, making them difficult to catch up or run away from.
In addition, this monster has a very rare chance to drop "the Virtuous", "the Boundless" and "the Eternal" titles.
- Universal drops are dropped by nearly every monster outside of Daemonheim.
- These items are dropped alongside main drops.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- The swordsman and the cleric variant can use smash ability despite it being a two-handed weapon ability
- All Zamorakian footsoldiers appear to be wearing trimmed black armour, indicating that they may be senior ranking troops among the Kinshra.
- During the battle, sometimes a Zamorakian footsoldier will say "I have you now". This is likely a reference to the first Star Wars movie, when Darth Vader says these same words once he has Luke's X-Wing in his aim.
- A Zamorakian footsoldier may also say "Blood for the Chaos God" or "Tears for the Chaos throne". These phrases are similar to the phrase used by Khornate warriors in the Warhammer 40,000 universe, "Blood for the Blood God, Skulls for the Skull Throne". Khorne, like Zamorak, is a god of chaos.
- Saradominist crusaders can sometimes be found locked in combat against Zamorakian footsoldiers in one of the turrets on the west side of the battlefield; they cannot be interacted with in anyway.
- There was a glitch that caused Zamorakian footsoldiers to sometimes not die upon reaching 0 life points, and rendering them unattackable. They could only be finished off when they regenerate 1 life point.
- ^ Jagex. Mod Stu's Twitter account. 23 January 2018. (Archived from the original on 30 October 2019.) Mod Stu: "I can't comment. I didn't work on the Battle of Lumbridge. I'd imagine it was to emphasise they used higher-ranking troops for such an important battle."