This article is about the Ability. For the destroy option on items, see Destroy (action)
||20 November 2012 (Update)
||20.4 seconds (34 ticks)
|Ferociously attack with both weapons.
- 148%-752% total ability damage over 4.2s in 4 hits.
- Stun the target for 3.6s.
|Infobox • Talk page
Destroy is a dual-wield channelled threshold Strength ability.
When activated, the player attacks their target four times every 1.2 seconds for 4.2 seconds, each hit dealing 37.6-188% ability damage. The target is stunned for the first 3.6 seconds of Destroy and bound for the remaining tick. Destroy is one of the most powerful melee threshold abilities, second only to Assault in damage but having a shorter cooldown.
The Ranged and Magic equivalents of Destroy are Rapid Fire and Asphyxiate.
The initial hit has a guaranteed stun (similar to Asphyxiate), even in case of missing (splashing). This makes it a very potent ability at stunnable bosses and PvP.
While the ability shares the same cooldown with Hurricane, if the player is wielding a mix of Dark ice shard/Dark Shard of Leng and Dark ice sliver/Dark Sliver of Leng, the shared cooldown between both abilities are removed.
This information has been compiled as part of the update history project. Some updates may not be included - see here for how to help out!
- patch 8 February 2021 (Update):
- The first hit of the 'Destroy' ability will no longer be delayed after converting it to a damage-over-time (such as by using the 'Mutated Barge' ability).
- Player movement will no longer be delayed when trying to move during a channelled combat ability.
- patch 9 September 2019 (Update):
- The buff timers for Flurry, Destroy and Asphyxiate now countdown reliably